1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why the stars do you need to ask a question if you dont want an answer!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Spiderman1, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Carl Sagan might have written something on that topic.

Oh wait, I think he gave up on reading his wife's signals and decided he'd have better success with SETI

:rotfl

2. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Glad you got that sorted out.

:rotfl
    Hope you updated wifey on your 'signal skills'.

3. Gooseberry

Gooseberry Senior IL'ite

HERE COMES THE SIGNAL'S BOOK...............:bonk:bonk:bonk:bonk

................YOUR HEAD AND HAMMER IN WIFE'S HAND!!!!

:rotfl:rotfl

4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

:hide: More hammering :cool2:

LOL! Gooseberry - Men and women are different in so many ways. Men tend to miss signals easily, they are better able to react when directly told something rather than indirect way.

And that too within all that, each person is unique in their own way.

But, bottomline is I love my DW dearly, so will understand all these things better over time.:thumbsup

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Women are Extra Terrestrial, aren't they? :twisted::twisted:

Avalukku theriyum, MsTrue, therinje ennai ippadi signal panni kolra!!
    (Translated: She already knows, MsTrue, but still she tries these signals to crush me :) or maybe to test me? LOL!)

6. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Twice I started reading Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. Got to chapter 2 and did not read beyond that. Note to self: Next time start at chapter 2.:bowdown

All the jokes apart - the truth is this. She does not do it intentionally - she is built that way where she needs a lot more time to express herself. I can zone in and start going deep and analyze quickly and start talking a lot soon like Ansuya had mentioned.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  7. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Spiderman, Spiderman,
    Does whatever a spider can
    Spins a web, any size,
    Catches thieves just like flies
    Look Out!
    Here comes the Spiderman.

Can he read his wife's signals
    No he can't
    Hey there
    There goes the Spiderman

Thought that might cheer you up, Spidey LOL

8. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Malvi. That was funny, It did cheer me up. :cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2010
  9. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Peter's grandfather dies and leaves all his belongings to his favourite grandson. Peter goes thru grandpa's stuff and finds a ancient lamp in one of the boxes. Curious to see what the lamp is, he remembers the Aladdin story from childhood and proceeds to rub the lamp. Much to his surprise, a genie appears.

Genie: Master Peter, I have been imprisoned in the lamp for over 1000 years and I am all yours now. I can grant any of your wishes.

Peter: I want you to build a road from London to New York City so people can drive between London and NYC.

Genie: But, But...Master Peter, that is a tall order wish and cannot be done. I suggest you ask for something else.

Peter: Hmm, OK. In that case, I want to possess powers to know what women are thinking.

Genie: (thinks for a minute)......Master Peter, about that road from London to NYC. Do you want a motorway or a dual carriageway?

10. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

I had a very recent encounter on 'man missing signal'. Sorry about the long post..

My DH was so engrossed at work that the home became his bachelor motel with internet connection where he comes to sleep, take bath, dine in, browse/work and rush back to office. I missed him so dearly. I tried my best to be patient but as months passed by with no change, I grew more and more silent because I was afraid if I talk I would yell/cry. I know his work situation so I felt it was not fair to bug him. But I cannot bear the mechanical routine either.. as it seemed it would go on forever.

My DH like our great Spiderman is good only with traffic signals. Obviously, he failed to read my signal of silence. As nothing was disrupted at home, he felt everything was ok. At times he would give a puzzled look when I stay mute but functional.

It became unbearable that I could not even stay in one room when he was around as I feared of bursting out in despair. I made his fav vadas. Served him just 2 of the vadas (for health concerns) with coffee. Left the house in the pretext of 'doing laundry'. Laundromat is outside the house. Loaded the washer. Did not feel like going back to the house. So just waited in the swimming pool beside the laundromat till the load was washed and dried.. ie for about an hour and a half.

I rehearsed on how to convey my feelings without hurting him. Then took out the washed clothes, went home all ready for a big talk.. He asked me no questions. Lifted his head from his laptop, smiled at me and went back to work. I faked a smile.

I went to the kitchen, and found out.. guess what?!

All the vadas are gone! He had no idea I was upset..why I was out for so long.. was not even aware that I was out!! And there I was at the pool, wondering if he would be worried about my absence for more than an hour.. would he be searching for me.. what if he comes to the pool to see 'damsel in distress'.. :bang

Men and their mental make up!! :rotfl

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010