Why should we act ? – Gita’s answer.

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dearest Chithra
    Words really fail me now to express my gratitude for you. I really have tears reading this article and the incredibly wonderful and simple way you have explained for makku like me.
    yesterday one good friend told me she is desperately searching for a guru and asked me why shes not able to find one and i told her when the time is right the guru will find you. maybe i have found mine in you.
    cannot continue now but will come continue later.
    one of the line that does stand out for me .."Action is the expression of the glorious life in us. "..
    as always i reread many times to assimilate.
    also love reading replies. your audience are as intelligent probably present company excluded. thanks so much.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dearest AC,
    You seem to have become suddenly emotional !
    Please stop underestimating yourself.Never ever do it. It does make me feel sad.
    Our scriptures say that Guru appears at the right time if your intention is to seek one. We have to intend to get anything in life.
    Do not worry if the understanding is difficult - the topic is such & very subtle.
    Regular reading will help you assimilate better. Have confidence in yourself.
    God helps only those who help themselves.
    Gradually, things will start emerging clear & you will enjoy these posts.
    Love
    To
    Chitra
    From
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

Dear Meena,
    Welcome back - no offence meant; but I am really happy whenever you are able to join us here.
    The subjects are not difficult, but abstract & subtle.
    But by going through them repeatedly, clarity will emerge.
    Yes, I strongly believe
    Action is the signature of life !
    Is not such an involuntary thing like breathing an action?
    Please stay tuned, Meena.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Chith,
    Great explanations! I enjoyed and entered it in my mind. Personality- reconstruction is what I am trying to do. Hope I will succeed. Chith, it's true that one needs to be efficient in using his/her skills. This I have witnessed in my workplace.

Before I used to get panicked for silly things, but now with God's grace and through your writings (spiritual columns), my mind is getting cleared. My heartfelt thanks to you.

I did read "What is Atma -part 2". But I need to read one more time to get a clear picture. I will get back to you soon.

P.S: My DH liked your articles about Arjuna's disease, what afflicted Arjuna, and also Atma-1. My sister is also reading your spiritual columns. She has not joined IL, but reads your articles.

5. Chitvish

Dear Sindhuja,
    Thanks for your "multi feed back" !
    Inaction shows us to ourselves in poor light and somewhere depression sets in. Action keeps us moving ahead in life and is a must.
    I am thrilled to read that you enjoy my postings & they have helped you in life.
    Take your time to understand Atma-2, but reading repeatedly will help you when we deal with Gita 2 nd chapter.
    My thanks to your DH & your sister. I think she should join I L !:)
    Love,
    Chith.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  6. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

A much awaited, but worth waiting for post...! I shall treasure this to read and re-read especially when I am dejected.

Many thanks C!!!

-Gayathri.

7. Chitvish

Dear Gayathri,
    I am very happy that you find the post motivating !
    Thanks for joining us on the very day of the posting. So many feedbacks on the first day signal to me that this post is "less technical" !
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

dear chithra
    have you read books by author wayne dyer? He also writes in such simple language and researches so much that his books are a treasure.
    You are clearly explaining the need for action even in the midst of mind conquering events or circumstances or difficulties. the secret lies in the action itself. thanks again.

9. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra mam,

another Interesting post from you, what more can we ask......

Self-improvement is the spirit of challenging yourself by yourself and unfolding the personality --i loved this sentence..

you expressed in very simple words about proficiency and efficiency

cheers
    sreelatha

10. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mrs. C,

Thanks for the interesting post. I really enjoyed reading this one. I just loved the below paragraph you had mentioned. How Gita is the anchorage to the confused youth and it is the spirit and the attitude
    which matters the most. :2thumbsup: Just loved this part. I am just beginning to see why Gita is so significant.

Madhu

Action is the signature of life !

One must act diligently, with the heart in the work, with a will to improve, a spirit to outshine ourselves ! The spirit of challenging yourself by yourself is the secret of self-improvement and unfoldment of your entire personality. It is the spirit and the attitude which matter the most.

The Gita supplies anchorage to the confused youth, to the frustrated nations, to the worrying communities.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007