1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why MIl can not be mother

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Neerjavakil, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Neerjavakil

Neerjavakil Silver IL'ite

2. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

Shilpama, are you sure your MIL does not use computers. :)

4 people like this.
  3. Neerjavakil

You can say so because you aven't face the problems like anyother person then you realize what the trouble is and where.

4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

In Canadian years? :) Or solar? Or lunar? :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Neerjavakil

Ahead of everything. Better you decide............A.............unty:)

6. lukywife

lukywife Gold IL'ite

Hello Neerjavakil,
    If aunty is the problem, I will take back that word .. Aunty is not an issue.:bonk.The information what I said is the matter....I think I never got reply for the content what I told and I am not going to get...:bonk

1 person likes this.
  7. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl:rotflLuv u guys..... she herself is a maliciously programmed supercomputer... calculating... controlling everyone , directing long distance missiles , spreading virus/ trozens :hiya:hiya

my MIL started using computers & FB and IL 2011 onwards . NV has her login from 2007... also there are remote chances that my MIL can love and appreciate anyone from Delhi or North India .... that she could take NV's login or make a team..... and I married only 1 man in my life... hehehehehe :bonk:bonk:bonk:bonk

I can only bless another young girl who will get married with some dreams.... AMEN !!!

OP, I would really thank you from the bottom of my heart for your alternate blessings and forgiveness for each post of mine.... you may need tons of them in real life.... Godly reserviors.....

Luckywife.. here AGE does matter !!! that will decide if you're CULTURE, ELDER , GRAND PARENT RELATIVE ... only then you're allowed to TEACH or ANSWER BACK... else take a cover... he he he

3 people like this.
  8. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

ShilpaMa- "Luckywife.. here AGE does matter !!! that will decide if you're CULTURE, ELDER , GRAND PARENT RELATIVE ... only then you're allowed to TEACH or ANSWER BACK... else take a cover... he he he"

If that is the case. I want to confess - I am a lady of indeterminate age and being old-fashioned I dont like to reveal my age. But "indeterminate" should give you a clue :)

1 person likes this.
  9. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

@ ShilpaMa- Your MIL is also on IL??? Are you sure she cannot guess your indentify? Hmmmm

10. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Neerja- There are a lot of FIL issues too. In most cases, MIL's get mentioned more becasue they share same domain for longer time together- example kitchen.

For the life of me, I don't understand this insecurity business. Does the MIL think her DIL is going to be mother to her son? Does DIl think her MIL is going to be wife to her husband? There was another thread where someone asked are you a daughter, wife or mother first? I was thinking I cannot pick one role as "first" as I switch hats all the time depending on who I am dealing with- I am all three (soon to be mom too).

Hopefully, when the DIL of current generation become MIL's they get this memo that such insecurity is silly and all are doing is undermining their own son's happiness.

MIL's should not only give space but also RESPECT to their DIL as their cherished son's wife.

DIL's should respect their MIL's as they loving husband's mother (not her own- I belive its disrespectful to my mom to equate any other woman to my mom).

I respectfully disagree with you that a MIL (or mother or anyone) automatically is more experienced in all respects of life that I need to take their advice just becasue they are older than me. Some things -yes but not everything.
    For example- My mom or MIL is not experienced in living alone, building a life in a foregn land on their own, have same kind of career experience- these were very crucial learning curves for me and I could not have gone to them for advice about all this as they did not have any in those areas.

I totally agree with you that some classes are needed for ALL Parties:

PIL- so they understand, their little boy is a MAN now and they need to let him be a MAN
    DIL- PIL are husband's parents- not yours. Treat them as such. Dont let them run your life.
    Son- Your better half is your WIFE not your MOM. Grow up and be a MAN. Boyhood days are long gone- dont go running to mommy for everything.

If I have a daughter or son- that is what I want to teach her/ him.

3 people like this.