1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why is my husband doing this. What should i do??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by indubalram, Dec 9, 2013.

1. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

So do u think he wants to make my life miserable by doing this. Am i rite in thinking tht way. I just wanted to know the truth

2. englishtutorjul

englishtutorjul Silver IL'ite

I feel we are wasting time replying to this user. I think she is trolling now and has been royally trolling since the last few months. Proofs :
    a) Post number 9 in this thread, where she claims to have a green card. This was in Apr 2013. (Quote from her post : "i have my green card now. but i ve no experience in america. i had been working in india till the time i got transfered here.").
    b) Post number 1 in this thread, where she says she has an H1B. (Quote from her post: "Now, he wanted his daughter to study here in usa, so he got himself transferred and came here as CEO of the factory here. and I had to come on H1."). I found the lines where says CEO of a "factory" particularly funny. :bigLaugh. This post was made on Oct 2013. This means, OP got her greencard before her H1B. laugh1smiley
    c) Empty posts like the current thread and the thread here.

Happy Sunday folks, and thank you OP for providing me free entertainment on a Sunday evening! :)
    Rihana, Gouri, Ansuya, Sokanaka, and SimpleMom : How on earth din't yall catch these people? :)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. indubalram

I dont understand whats funny about my life problems really sad that you didnt understand. I came here on h4 dependant on my husbands h1. He came here as COO of a german plant here. And his company arranged for greencard within 4 yrs. whts so funny about it. If you are not able empathy on others issues pl dont make fun about it . I request you.

4. englishtutorjul

Well, but in this post , you said H1, and not H4. notdonesmiley Besides that, I wonder why anyone who came here as a CEO would have had to wait for 4 years for a green card! This is because, at that level, GCs get applied in the EB1 category, and should be processed in 6 months. Isnt it? :idontgetit: And lastly, make up your mind on whether your husband came here as a CEO or a COO. In this post you say COO, in the other you said CEO. These are two different titles!

1 person likes this.
  5. indubalram

No i never said h1 and we had to w8 for 4 yrs for gc in eb1 category. Hope u r clear now

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Indu,

I am really sorry to know how you feel about your husband's behavior regarding this. If you have moved recently to the US, there was a good chance that he might not have known that spouses were invited to the party. But the next time, he should have figured out to inquire whether the spouses are invited and accordingly informed you. If he is doing it repetitively, there has to be a reason.

If he has something fishy in the office, he wouldn't discuss about your absence and others bringing their spouses with you. Therefore, I have a feeling that he has some serious doubts about your social skills. Instead of being confrontational, can you ask him what would make him comfortable enough to take you for social events at work? It could be a very simple problem that he is very embarrassed to discuss with you. It could be your outfit, communication, mingling with American colleagues, etc. I am giving this list only to give you examples and please don't take it personally.

Viswa

3 people like this.
  7. englishtutorjul

8. indubalram

so do you feel he feels embaraased to take me to social events and after he comes back he feels tht he doesnt have a wife like others in respect to one of the reasons you mentioned above?

s

9. prettydevil

prettydevil Platinum IL'ite

@englishtutorjul ... You rock girl!! friendssmiley

how come anyone doesn't recollect the pattern of the answered posts... :coffee

2 people like this.
  10. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

Goodness, ETJ, don't you think that font is far too big and bold for a Sunday night? I feel like I'm being called to the principal's office (which, believe it or not, is even worse when you're a teacher than when you're a student).

I'll tell you why I'm never so intent on catching trolls. If I post a reply, and the OP is a troll, the most harm I've done to myself is lost a few minutes and expended some energy (although, writing for me is never really a waste of anything).

But if the OP is not a troll, but a genuine person in distress, and I say something accusatory or harsh, then I have added insult to injury.

For me, the choice is an obvious one. I am finally mature enough (it took me way too long) to care more about being helpful, than being right.

Viswa, thank you for providing the perfect post to illustrate the point I am making in this one.

2 people like this.