1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why in-laws want to act like parents for our babies?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ottawagirl, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Mihisha

Mihisha Senior IL'ite

HA!

I heard my ILs said something similar to my parents last yr when my parents visited ILs... FIL told " he wud take our baby to him while I and DH work peacefully".. My mom mentioned me this thing months later after their visit to ILs...coz she knows how I can call my FIL and backfire him...guess what, I am not even close to try starting a family right now..I guess FIL knows that he cannot dare say such stuff in front of me , so he he tried it out thru my parents....

I am prepared for it , if they say such thing to me on my face , my answer would be "SHUP UP" literally! I wud say this, come what may... How could someone dare even imagine such stuff ......

I was genuinely shocked with such statement frm FIL but after joining this forum, i see mostly ILs have given this standard "offer of help" to working DILs.... Well, My point is dont take it meekly, its ur kid for God sake and the ILs need to think and talk their age!

I dont know why some ladies have consoled others (not in this thread) that with age , people start behaving in such childish ways and that we need to understand them etc.. True, old age makes people childish but they still have thier golden wisdom and experience of lifetime, I have seen normal mature old people behave childish at times and they do knwo when to act and think mature... so NO , dont take their crap and draw a limit....

For you, see, how the equation with ur DH is... and blurt out the strongest possible reaction you can.... in my case DH knows i havent seen or heard it before.. so he knows I am shocked with this cheap stuff...and he knows I am gonna get extremely pissed off with this if they say it over my face....

2. Tara09

Tara09 New IL'ite

HOW RIDICULOUS????...........

It is CRUEL to separate a baby from mother. Do not allow them to do it.........come what may!!!