1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

why husbands get possesive?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Iamagoodgirl, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

as passion in our relationship grows my H is becoming possessive.I am trying to handle this by using tact but at a time i feel like why he would get so possessive when i have given him no reason to feel insecure in relationship at first place?

HE himself is very extra ordinary man.He has got his fan following.Ladies get breathless while talking to him.So its not like he suffers from inferiority complex.As compare to him i have no close friends of same sex,my friend circle is limited.
    Just few close same sex friends since childhood.
    Then why he is so insecure and possessive ? Whats the point?I dont understand this.

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

hai dear,

Do not worry. Your husband thinks that your entire love and affection will get attracted by your friends more and you will start thinking and talking about them on an regular basis. Even if you are talking about your friends you have a limited talk. your husband will not feel. It is all passing cloud. do not worry

3. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Being possessive to an extent is part and parcel of love, and this implies to both wife and husband. To certain extent, we enjoy it too. But when possessiveness crosses limitations and starts irritating, it's a matter of concern and needs to be discussed..!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

Little possessiveness is fine but i feel he crossed line when he checked my whattsapp and FB chats without my consent on my back.Also he expect to me be in touch all the time through internet even though i am working.I am not able to concentrate on my work because of this.I have tried to use logic and make him understand.He gets it but then continues his behavior.
    I am really hoping this is a stage in relationship and it will pass.

5. Maddy2087

Maddy2087 Platinum IL'ite

Hi dear,

Possessives to an extent to check whatsapp and FB seems way to much .Why does he want to monitor you all the time by asking you to be online ? Have you ever noticed anything peculiar with his behavior ?Please don't consider this a phase in the relationship because relationship requires trust and freedom to nourish. Please nip it in the bud and have a heart to heart communication with your H with respect to this.

With love,
    Maddy

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  6. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

checking whatsapp and fb msgs without your consent??? way too much. This is not possessiveness, not even the same zip code. He is suspecting you may be....

2 people like this.
  7. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Just my thoughts.

he is coming and showing his chats and Facebook messages. May be he expect same kind of openness from you. I am not sure how much you are transparent with your husband.

If they don't find the same wavelength from you, may be he just curious.

My husband is very open and I like to maintain some privacy. In those situation he get curious but not suspicious.

8. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Hope he is is already connected to you on FB. Let him go thru what's up. After a while he will be bored and not do it. We have everything open. Our phones lie around the house with no lock. All our pwd are stored in a common excel file so we have access to each other's email etc in addition to all the pwds of different banks, brokerage, insurance, etc web sites. None of us have FB or What's up. Our friend circles have merged so both know everyone.

9. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

Your address and Full path to the excel pls..waitingsmiley

10. peet1983

peet1983 Silver IL'ite

I can see few chances..

either he has is suspicious about some of your activities or chats and he want to make sure that nothing is happening that he is feared.

Or he himself started doing something that you shouldn't aware and also he confirms that same is not happening with him on your relation.

May be a genuine chance that he had a impression that he wont spending enough time with you and care you and feared that you fall into some other relations.