1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why Does The 'marriage' Destroy The Happiness Of Women For Lifetime?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by FE40, Oct 15, 2016.

1. FE40

FE40 Silver IL'ite

Many females' lives drastically change after marriage, so did mine. Many of my earlier posts will give the details.

I did come out of a emotionally draining marriage, living on my own as a single mother since a decade.

Did get into a relationship, things appeared nice, but at the end am lonely again. Guess I lost trust or interest in men, relationships are emotionally draining me.

Lost the word happiness from my life's dictionary just after marriage. Seems no man can love a woman whole-heartedly. Marriage or relationship is more based on convenience than love and care. Even if we take care whole-heartedly, men who enjoy the care, just take us for granted.

Sometimes feel why God brought me to this world which has no happiness in it.

In this world, should we live lonely and die lonely? Why is there something called marriage in our life which takes away the happiness?

2. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

This is per Indian culture unfortunately . Thousands of years ago, marriage colored the lives of both husband and wife.

Today the man is miserable (anyone who goes for instant gratification and convenience cannot be happy because he doesn't realize the inner light within him) and he makes the woman miserable (who also seeks outside fulfillment rather than looking within).

We are in Kali Yuga .... we must think of God and strive to be best ... perhaps we will manifest good husband from Satya Yuga.

vaidehi71 likes this.
  3. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

It happens with men too.

vaidehi71 and SrDoctor like this.
  4. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Why generalise like majority of men into the same category as you have written?
    I am not aware of any statistics in this regard, but I would not say that majority are like that. Maybe if you are aware I acknowledge it. But I know plenty of guys who are good and understanding husband. Well, not statistics based as well. It is a personal observation.
    Just because of some guys who are abusive and going wrong way in their lives, doesn't mean majority are like that. Just my 2c.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    SunPa likes this.
  5. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Think of the positive issues in your life and enjoy your current life. Don't worry about what has happened. Your life and enjoyment is your hands.
    Take care.

Sparkle likes this.
  6. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

I will be very frank.....Most /90% marriage/relationships that survive in indian context r more based on convenience...some idnian men want doormat like wives and lust after hot women ..plus these men know they would be rejected by hot woman so settle for doormat kind of wives but keep cribbing one way or other...most will get out if the hot woman gives them even 1% importance....this my indian guy friends told me frankly..

.while with indian women who are not independent enough financially or emotionally r stuck n tolerate all nonsense from their other half...as marriage set up is convenient for them although their life might be crappy...men/women who get out if they can't bear any crap r the ones who know they are indepenedent enough financially or emotionally....
    ..plus some indian men r mama's boys...feel extremely sorry for their wives ..some genuine men r out there ..it just takes time to find these gems !...

7. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

Try to venture out of your known circle..u might come across a gentleman...don't give up so soon

8. lalsang123

lalsang123 Bronze IL'ite

There are also some people around us who follow old traditions and advice us to always follow whatever the husband says. They also try to bring down our confidence. We shouldn't even spare a second listening to these people. have patience. Try to move with people who care for you and who encourage you and who are there with you during your difficult times. Try to do things which makes you happy.

dia3 likes this.
  9. gok

gok Silver IL'ite

I asked my dad why divorce makes me unhappy whereas he is happy about it, why i feel like a loser and he feels like he accomplished something and my dad replied - "You are using your brain in office and Mind in Home. He is using his brain in both the places"

Sparkle and Laks09 like this.