1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why does it take a minute to say hello and forever to say goodbye? ~Author Unknown

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Dec 17, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Why can’t we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn’t work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos. ~Charles M. Schulz

In every stage of our life we meet so many and want to see them always but at some part of time we have to away from them because our path become different

We meet so manypeople in our lives. Some we cant forget and they leave sweet memories. In this site also I have been here since eight years and have read the posts of so many good writers , met many friends and only few of them are here now and many are not active now and we miss them.

We had so many good writers in snippets and so many of them good in jewellery, new creations etc. etc.

Though we miss them but now again so many new ILites have come who write so well with good narration and also in hobbies forum we find so many ILites making superb jewelleries.

Hope they continue with their superb writings and jewelleries and wish we have many more in the coming year.

4 people like this.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Re: Why does it take a minute to say hello and forever to say goodbye? ~Author Unknow

Old order changeth giving place to new.That is the law of nature.Unless there is some parting away, there cannot be new entrants.Take the plantain tree.It yields bunch of bananas only once.Once bananas are ripe, the tree is also cut along with plucking of bananas. Meanwhile there are five or six small plants around the tree.Unless the big tree is cut, there will not be room for the small plants to grow.The same logic applies to human beings.

In this connection I am reminded of an article that appeared in a medical journal recently.
    [FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Can you imagine living a healthy life well into your 120s? That could be a reality sooner rather than later, after the US Food and Drug Administration recently gave the go-ahead for clinical trials to be conducted on the world’s first anti-aging drug.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The drug, called metformin, has already been proven to extend animal lifespans, and the FDA has resultantly decided that trials should be conducted to see if it has the same effect on humans. It is already the most widely used drug in the world for treating Type 2 diabetes.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Furthermore, anecdotal evidence was found last year by researchers at Cardiff University, who observed that patients with diabetes taking metformin were living longer than others who were not diabetic, in spite of diabetics having an average life expectancy that’s eight years shorter.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Successful clinical trials would mean that 70-year-olds could have the biological health of 50-year-olds.
    Scientists believe Parkinson, Alzeimers etc may be found only in books, if such longevity plan succeeds.
    The cosmetics, hair dye industries will be shown the door out.
    Dear Viji,your dream of 'not giving farewell' may become a reality soon. 100 year old Viji may continue writing snippets reaching a goal of a million in the number of mails.
    There may not be any concession for senior citizens, since all will be in the health of forties and fifties.Today only a handful of people can boast of young looks. Perhaps a time may come when people long for silvery hairs, sunken chins etc.
    Will it not be funny if the father of the bridegroom and the boy both look young and the bride may be confused who is going to tie the sacred knot?In the same way the mother of the bride may look very young and charming than the bride herself.
    Our Kamalji and Balaji may deal with this humorous topic in an enchanting way.
    Dear viji, don't worry.You need not worry about giving farewell to anyone.
    'punarapi jananam punarapi maranam'-are scientists going to prove this natural law obsolete?

Jayasala 42

[/FONT]

[FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

3. Onesweetlife

Onesweetlife Gold IL'ite

Re: Why does it take a minute to say hello and forever to say goodbye? ~Author Unknow

hi viji mami.

Romba azaga irukeenga neenga!

Gorgeous mami.

Peeped in to share my "Yayyy!! i ve seen the beutiful viji mami today!"

Cheers
    Sweetlife

2 people like this.
  4. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Mami,

That's life..a journey where we meet many people along the way..
    They get down when their destination comes or wish to move on..
    We just have to move on in our life as well..
    Nothing is going to be with us forever in this life..So once that is understood there is not much pain or sorrow on saying goodbye..Have to accept the fact of life..Then it is easier to get peace of mind..

Thanks for the thread..
    Vaidehi.

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @jayasala42 , Jayakka dear I am so happy tor receive your first feedback, a thought provoking one as always. I was thinking I should delete the thread as there is no response. As you know I never have patience, I know all are busy and some may like my thread and some with the limited time they have are able to give feedbacks only to some threads.

I dont want to live 100 yrs akka, but as long as I am alive and as long as I am healthy I will be writing here and boring everyone. Now a days some youngsters dont beleive in putting pottu, usually after taking bath I put pottu but today I dont know I forgot and felt bad . Later since my husband is having cold and cough, me too since two days I made pepper rasam yesterday and today and today it ws hot and spicy. So I told him with today's rasam your cold should go away. For which he was saying not only cold I should also go. I told him why you are telling this on Friday morning for which he said should I tell on Thursday then. He was just joking but I felt very worried. Anyway he or me someone has to leave the world, but cant think of that. Yesterday he was tired but today as usual he has gone out.

Sorry I just wanted to share with someone and your feedback made me share

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much for your sweet message Sweetie dear, you made my day

2 people like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@vaidehi71 dear true we have to move on, people come and go and their destinations become different. Thanks dear fo rthe thought provoking reply

1 person likes this.
  8. sathyaudhay

sathyaudhay New IL'ite

dont worry maami...
    u both will live a long more...
    dont worry....

1 person likes this.
  9. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

change is rule of universe..

1 person likes this.
  10. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

Ma,We should take life as it comes.Change is inevitable,Change is only constant.

Probably saying is easy.But sometimes even I worry.

Let us try to take life as it comes.

And just for fun... "Change is inevitable--except from a vending machine." -Robert C. Gallagher

1 person likes this.