1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why Do We Chat

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Jul 19, 2007.

1. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,

I was adressing you as madam, ji and all. I didnot feel so comfortable with all these. I know you are much more older to me but when I feel people close to my heart I want to shed all these false inhibitions.

Coming to the point, as I have told in one another post, I switch on my laptop by around 5.30 in the morning and immediatly my msn messenger, yahoo IM and gtalk come alive and show me who all are online. Infact, when someone wishes me before I wish them it is a great acheivement for them they say.

I also make sure that the first thing in the mornings I do is send morning wishes message to all my friends and then have my cup of coffee.

And I love keeping connected with my friends, just to be of help to them if not physically at least morally.

Let me tell you one small incident, a friend's collegue wanted a particular group of blood for the operation of his wife and he was searching for it in vain and that friend is in another city and he mentioned this when chatting inbetween the search. I had another friend in the same city who was also online in another IM. I was able to contact her immediatly and arrange for that particular group of blood in half an hour time as she knew someone who had that blood goup. That is the strength of today's science and technological advancement in communication.

I felt satisfied though I have done nothing physically, though I didnot donate blood, I was able to connect two people. Thanks to all these IMs

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear subbu,
    for all the search all over with so many sites i find it difficult to get friends like minded, and younger lot what can they offer, i never encourage them to chat at all, the older lot also have their likes and dislikes, and i am slowly growing with friends who like to chat and make friends, ladies themselves take a lot time to decide to chat, the reservations sometime take away the enthusiasm to be at it, u feel oh come on what is it we are going to get to take from these chats, why even men are afraid to give their id's can u beleive, yes they are scared that woman may plague which is not true, it is with great difficulty sometime u get a good chat friend and all of a sudden he vanishes without giving any reason the same reason applies to both the genders...sunkan

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

wecome rajmi,
    u r a part of me, come on dont stick to all these they dont make chat great, yes an achievement when something could be done in your own power is something none can replace with money or awards, the feeling the basic human instinct that i should be able to help somewhere somehow is what matters...and i am known as sakhi to my friends, the word relaxes them a lot, viju feels very much at home when she calls me shakhiiiiiiiiiiii and all her excitement comes through....i want u on my messenger too, sunkan

4. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunkan
    It is wonderful when we exchange views.It brings out new ideas.Warmth and affection is extended to all our friends and relatives thru chat.People feel they are closer home when they hear the voices of their kith and kin so far away.Hats off to our technology for having made this possible.............

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sunkan,

Why do we chat...
    For me chatting is a way of being connected with all my friends....everyday morning...we just say hai...we may be in different parts of the world...but are connected...:2thumbsup:

6. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Sunkan,
    Chatting or being online gives you a sense of security that comes from sharing views, caring, being there. IL is a very good experience, when it comes to being a part of a forum or group. You can speak your mind without being scared of repurcussions, unless you are being thoughless and striking with venomous words.
    It's bonding big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

yes kanaka, just saw ushakrishnan of dubai it is a great feeling talking some few words but it looked as if she was there waiting for me...a small world indeed..sunkan

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

yes janani,
    the secured feeling of being an il is very important when we make friends amond il, and they feel free to talk, like how u say relaxed...sunkan

9. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sunkan and Subbu,

U both are really great. My dad was called subbu.

I chat so that i dont feel lonely in this new place where no friends. I am happy that my views, posts are read atleast even if i dont get response sometimes.

i dont feel bored, i can get views and opinions from everyone for anything and everything.

Thanks to IL forum to make this thing happen. :2thumbsup:

10. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,

I come online to chat with my great/greater/greatest and best.... friend..Shan.. Then check for mails.....

I dont have much of other friends, who would love to talk to me... :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

Veda