Why do people in India look down upon housewives?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Prachi20, Jan 12, 2013.

1. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Prachi- ha ha lots of cross communication going on here. Update about husband and dogs are not for you dear :)

2. Prachi20

Prachi20 Bronze IL'ite

@monita

Dear,

I think you ought to read my posts again.I have already clarified i am a working woman.I already contribute to my parents.

Right?

PS-

I have started to feel this site is only for those who speak things that older members like to hear.No freedom of thought.One has to just keep nodding his head to older members who have this so called reputation.Rightly said by me in housewives' thread,that indians just like to follow an order,or a trend,or what everyone else is saying.they can never respect a new opinion.or else be ridiculed here by a gang of ill mannered women.

Sorry to say,I have been to so many sites.They agree to disagree decently,and admire newer types of opinions.No wonder women are called each others' biggest enemies.This is what i said in my first thread also.

HORRIBLE PLACE TO BE IN!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  3. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

sindmani likes this.
  4. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

what to do, prachi, i am like that wonly! okay, will also pray to God for that plus an extra one for people to understand irony a bit better.

2 people like this.
  5. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Coolwinds...good one:)

1 person likes this.
  6. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Ok , but you don't want to work and you want to marry a rich man so that you don't have to work. It's really your choice. It is similar to men saying they want to marry only a gori (pale skinned) girl. In the end it's their choice and in the end it's your choice if you want to marry a rich man and don't want to work, but this isn't exactly high thinking and if you post on a public forum, you will not get much approval for this kind of thought. I would say just keep looking. There are many rich men who look for beauty in their woman more than character or anything else. If you are really pretty, you should not have much problem finding that rich guy. Good Luck!

7. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Another copy paste from some other site by op! Good work op!

8. passionate89

passionate89 Platinum IL'ite

In earlier days, if people were looking out for jobs it did appear as normal stuff.. But nowadays it is not the case. Example: if a girl / guy does not get a job through campus recruitment, the society looks down at those people. Why is it so? Why are the others too much bothered ?

respect comes with money now. Which is really sad.

When parents look for brides they see how rich they are with assets.. But they dont even ask the poor fellow if he is Inretested in getting married to that girl. Etc etc etc...

Sad reality...

1 person likes this.
  9. mimi76

mimi76 Senior IL'ite

Education and working status is the modern equivalent of dowry when it is becoming increasingly unacceptable to ask for one. Whereas before, inlaws could only ask for a one -off amount, now they can potentially make many more times that if the girl is well-educated and can hold a good job.

10. kiranavvari

kiranavvari Gold IL'ite

After reading this thread, I suddenly got a feeling that I am living among older generation people (or very fsat forward generation :) ). In this thread, it is told that only working women are getting respect. But is it truth???? I don't think so. I work, but I never got any respect from anyone, instead everyone looked down to me feeling that I work to enjoy, and escape from all responsibilities. But I have nver washed off my hands to take any responsibility. This kind of expression is not only from immediate family, but also from extended family, relatives, friends, or neighbours and what not!!(Mind you all these people are well qualified people like masters degree holders or engineers etc) . But I dont care about them because, I know whether it is necessity for me to work or not!! I know nobody comes to rescue me if I am in need.