1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why did your Last Friendship End?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Vennella, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

I was thinking about ex-friends who no longer are in touch with me and why that happened.

some friendships were lasted longer than others but eventually most came to an end.

I became friends with a girl at work, since we are of same age group and speak the same indian language. But that went over quite quickly as she is some one who never listens. I mean, she will cut me out while speaking, and start talking about a completely different topic. Even if I told her my apartment flooded last weekend, she will just disregard it and start talking about her weekend. Also quite dominating and full on bragging. I make the best food( not true, we were invited for dinners quite tasteless), i am the most organized (definitely true, quite admirable actually) etc which gets tiring after a point. And she used to get upset if you decline one invitation! Gets super pissed and stops talking. Really all this was just too much to handle and had to cut it off.

So, as cynical as it sounds, why did your last friendship end? :coffee

aruna6, PLK, Agathinai and 6 others like this.

2. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

OP, it's so irritating when someone constantly keeps interrupting u n never lets u talk..I have personally experienced it and find such people rather irritating..
    For a successful friendship, the person has to be good at talking and a good listener as well..
    Most of the time friendships didn't "end" for me..we just moved on to different surroundings etc, lost touch n drifted away.

meepre, Agathinai, shravs3 and 4 others like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

mine was exactly for the same reason as yours.added to that,I realized I just cannot grow as a person and for her I have to always be one step at least lesser than her to be her friend.

i would rather be alone than be with friends like these.

Agathinai, CoolPie and sindmani like this.
  4. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

I had to cut my last friendship when I found out that the lady was a big liar and totally untrustworthy.

She constantly used to lie about even small silly things. She will act innocent and swear on all Gods , pester, beg and try to find our personal choices . She used to keep telling from one person to other about what they confided to her. !! And the funniest part is, when confronted she will act as if she is the victim and start sending messages as if she stood up for 'gossips'.., whereas she would be the one begging for information and gossip about it with everyone.... Ha ha ha ha.

I have encountered characters like your ex-friends in my work life too. I don't deem them as friends and try to avoid them as much as possible. I just restrict myself to Hi's and Bye's to such people.

Agathinai and vaidehi71 like this.
  5. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Because she seemed to think of my child as a competition to her child, rather than as a friend, and the lies that ensued. It was unbearable for me that someone would wish my child ill just because they want to ensure their child gets a better break. I cut her off like a festering limb. I still run into her and exchange platitudes if we come face-to-face but a friend? Nope! No longer.

6. Jazmine83

Jazmine83 Gold IL'ite

I stay away from emotionally high maintenance people. Because it is impossible to please them.

7. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

This friend of mine used to call me only when she was in trouble. Also she used to mail me looooong stories and when I reply her back, she used reply back with a single line. It would be clear that her problem is solved. I did not cut her completely but shes not in touch now.

Seby likes this.
  8. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

People take things for granted the moment you become close to them.. They play their trumcards wisely as they know our minus point or weak points and try to constantly hit the same..expecting phone calls daily and expecting to be available for them 24/7.. They get pissed of if I utter the word BUSY.. (This is prior to my baby's birth) now that am really really busy with my baby and my life I have nil time for anybody.. I am out of Facebook, whatsapp and whatever.. Am totally out of all mess and at peace now..

9. Udasgirl

Udasgirl Bronze IL'ite

We have a good family friends (they are elder to us like almost 18 years elder so like uncle and aunty) but our friendship almost ended/carried away due to misunderstanding as I used to work in Uncle's office and I resigned after my son was born and joined some other company (for various reasons). I believe my decision was correct professionally and I gave them well in advance notice for the same ... still he felt bad/hurt his ego and he said some nonsense and nasty things to me over phone (which I just ignored as I thought he is elder to me and I always considered him as father figure) .. Later I tried maintaining contact with both of them (Uncle and Aunty) but eventually realised that they no more need us and they have formed their own different group. Also got to know that they are spreading some rumors about us too !! After receiving cold shoulder from them couple of times, I have totally stopped calling/emailing them etc since last 4 months.. I guess It's all over now..

10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

This last friend was a Swiss girl, who shared a beautiful friendship with me. I was so helpful to her professionally and she was a great emotional support to me whenever I was so down.

She was my ex-colleague.

This friendship ended when we had to work on a family of very difficult asylum case which had many members. We somehow worked on so hard, but failed to convince our superiors; thus had to re-work many times.
    That was around end of last year, and I had already decided on my transfer to my hometown.
    So, whatever the remaining work of my end of that case obviously fell on her shoulder; thus she was very unhappy about it.
    I couldn't help as the re-work saga seems never ending, but my 1 month notice period has ended; thus I left the office. The management officially transferred the remaining cases to her. She was quite unhappy about it; thus told others as if I have dumped her.

This made some bitterness that we stopped talking to each other since then. The separation did happen naturally as I left that office early this year, and she eventually went back home by April.

Although we are friends on FB, no communications ever.