Why Are You Interested In This Position? - Asap Please

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Anusri13, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Anusri13

Anusri13 New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I am applying for a junior level position with the client Retirement department. As a process of submission I need to fill out few questionnaires and I am stuck at this typical/general question "Why are you interested in this position?". I have entered a casual answer saying "I am interested because I liked the job description and skills that I can contribute my knowledge". But, I know it could be better and I am not satisfied with my answer and not exactly know what to put an answer in a ways it should make sense and my application can be short listed for final interview. As it is a junior level position, I may be little over qualified (not sure how they consider), because of that I don't know how can I add more saying I can learn this or that other than the domain knowledge.

Please pour your thoughts and what would you say to this question if it's you?

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Share as much detail as you feel comfortable about the job description and your skills, knowledge. Then, we can suggest more appealing ways of linking your skills to the job's requirements.

Is there a word or character limit?