1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why are we disrobing Draupadi even today?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ShailRaghuvansh, Mar 8, 2010.

1. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Thanks for your honest reply. I know I can be assured of it if you reply to any post of mine!

Sometimes, women themselves are the cause of their problems. I am saying this inspite of being a woman because I have seen many women only aggravating their problems by provoking men with their behaviour, attire and speech. This said, most of the other women suffer for no fault of theirs getting humiliated, tortured only because they are in a vulnerable position, the men they live with are evil and the women have no where else to go. What to do about such women?

Like all women are not bad, I believe that all men are not bad too. But that does not solve the problem, does it?

I agree when you say that something needs to be done regarding the population explosion in terms of mentality or forced regulation.

As far as gambling is concerned, I am against it totally whether it is is played for little money or more. I personally feel that it tends to cross limits and some weak minded people never realise it until it is too late.

Please do keep reading my posts, blogs and give your feedback as usual. I look forward to such responses.

Nice Day
    Shail

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Really hard hitting! i AM NOMINATING THIS THREAD FOR aUGUST FP.

3. ShailRaghuvansh

Dear Balajee,

Thanks for your nomination. Nice that the article impressed you.

Nice Day
    Shail

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shail,

Once again, congrats on being nominated for the FP of the month with this post.

This much nominated post holds everyone captive with its message and will never lose its impact, never mind when it was written. That goes to show how a well written blog will make a permanent place in people's minds.

L, Kamla

5. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear shail,
    What can I say except that it is one of the most wonderful posts I have ever read.I want to read it again and again.
    Hats off to you for giving such sumptuous food for thought, my dear.
    I was not and am not an admirer of Draupati,let me be frank.I used to tell my friends and my DH,"This woman should not have agreed in the first place to become wife to five men.Valiant that she was she should have stod her gound.The pandavas made a xow that they would share whatever they brought home equally,but she never made any such vow and she was not even aware of such a promise made by the pandavas.Am I right.Anyhow,Iam going off the mark.Women are their on enemies,MIL and husband may beat a girl and torture her for dowry but the next door neighbours keep quiet,"It is a family affair,we don't interfere."But the will gossip about this happening behind closed doors.

love
    mithila

love
    mithila

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  6. incarnation

incarnation Silver IL'ite

Shail , you are welcome to write such articles more.Thank God we have some more folks who are bringing alive our Indian Cultures real meaning out and not trying mold and use the scriptures for justifying some real dirty practices they follow which by no way on earth can be justified ex : untouchability , gender oppression etc

7. ShailRaghuvansh

Dear Sujata,

Thanks. It is a great boost when an article stands the test of time.

Nice Day
    Shail

8. ShailRaghuvansh

Dear Mithila,

I agree with what you say. I too do not appreciate the fact that Draupadi was shared as if she was a piece of cake but then, we don't know much about the law of karma and how it functions.

But yes, disrobing Draupadi is still done and it is a shame that inspite of all the advancement in society, many of the people still remain in the stone age, snatching, stripping and satiating carnal desires. One Durga will certainly not do for all the disrobing we have today.

Nice Day
    Shail

9. ShailRaghuvansh

Dear Incarnation,

Thanks. I agree 100% with you. We need more of such people and less of the hypocrites who only disrobe faith by doing such things. We indeed, need to understand the real meaning of certain traditions and rituals before forcing them upon others.

Nice Day
    Shail