1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why are some people naturally happier?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sheetal, Feb 5, 2007.

1. amritavarshini

amritavarshini Bronze IL'ite

nila..i too share the same problem..my DD is going to be 4 in another four months but i have not come out of my post partum blues

2. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

i agree with you sheetal. most of the time i used to be neutral.. i use to be happy only only if anything happens happy. but i have seen many people being happy always. even for usual things they enjoy laugh.... some times even some great new make only a broad smile in my face... :-(

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sheetal,

In my opinion, there are two things that make some people happy always:

The first one is a prayer: "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."

The second one is a value that they practice: "Setting themselves standards that are higher and higher to increase their performance/efficiency while bringing down their expectation crashing down as quickly as possible."

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  4. BharadwajThiru

BharadwajThiru Silver IL'ite

Sheetal
    Thanks for bringing this topic to the forum.
    There is one statement you made that I disagree with. I don't think that people are born an optimist or pessimist. I believe that it is the environment and life experiences that tilt a person one way or the other. Those tilted towards the optimist mind set appear happier because they don't sweat the small stuff.

5. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sheetal,

Happy and unhappy things happen to everyone. It is the attitude and the way of viewing things that makes a person look happy or unhappy. Optimists are generally happy people. They do what is to be done and are optimistic about results.So, they look relaxed and happy.

Syamala

Yes, there are people who do not show their problems to the world and smile. They look like happy people.

1 person likes this.
  6. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

Im a happy person i always put a smile on lips come what may that one smile lights many other smiles.
    Nothing is permanent everything is just for a phase it goes away the way it came we just need to enjoy it in between.
    When the days are dark they are to make us strong and when the days are bright they are the result of our strength to over come the darkness.