1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whose Lie Is Not Untruth?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, May 3, 2022.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shri Thyagarajan,
    First of all thanks for putting me on a high pedestal. I will start with your quote:

"Helen Rowland Quotes. “Telling lies is a fault in a boy, an art in a lover, an accomplishment in a bachelor, and second nature in a married man.”

As they say, there are innocent lies, big lies, white lies, and elephant lies. I will add intentional and unintentional lies.
    The only consolation is that there is a word in the dictionary 'truth'. Considering that L comes before T, L must prevail till it vouches by T.

And there is only one T in alphabets but there are as many Ts as there are individuals.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I do agree. Am too shortly known as “T”.
    I am reminded of white lie and utterances of lily pure. I lied sometimes many times and many times I repent for having lied! But then life’s like that! Many occasions lied only to help other party not to get stiff about a negative situation. Milk boiled and overflown a little. Before spouse could see and reprimand, I wiped the platform clean and to compensate for loss, quickly added little canwater to warm milk in container. Yet she found I diluted the milk for some reason. But she found in sink the milk soaked duster. White lie revealed!

HariLakhera likes this.
  3. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Good one! I am different. Don't know how to hide. So make a big noise, if milk is split. No use crying over split milk, they said.

Thyagarajan likes this.