1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whole Milk VS Toddler Formula VS Organic DHA Milk

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by CoolIndianGirl, Sep 10, 2014.

1. CoolIndianGirl

CoolIndianGirl Bronze IL'ite

Hello All,

My son is 11 month old. I m planning to introduce Cow's milk to him. I m really getting mad thinking whether i should just go with Whole milk or should i opt for organic milk with DHA or shuld i choose toddler formula.. Please throw in ur i/ps
    Also what are all the Indian food that contains DHA in it ?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014

2. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

I used similac for my daughter for couple of days but she didn't like it so I switched to whole milk (since she was 10 month).You can talk to your DR. My DR suggested me to give her whole milk as my DD didn't like similac. Now we switched her to organic milk as it taste better (not only she, we all)

3. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Our doctor was firm in saying that milk of any kind should be introduced only after 1 year. Formula provides more immunity than milk. Immediately after that we had to go to India, so I kept at formula for a couple more months since each city had a different milk!

Ever since he has been drinking whole milk. Hates the taste of organic milk. Works for me.

But talk to your doctor and see what they suggest.

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Just don't use low fat milk for babies/toddlers. They need milk fat for brain development.

5. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

priya.... what kind of organic milk you using.. my son was using pediasure because of low weight now I started giving him whole milk store brand he was getting congested at night I don't know if its because of milk I know it sounds silly... remember our middle name is worry... hahaha... I want to give him organic milk don't know which kind to give him....and how it taste..

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  6. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

hi, indian girl, don't give baby whole milk yet... let the baby become one yr old then you can try whatever you want to try.. I was just talking to one of the mom other day... baby sitter gave baby whole milk at 11 months he end up having allergy.. so just wait there is no hurry... keep using whatever you using till baby turn one yr.. then slowly introduce to whichever one you think is better...

7. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

if you using whole milk don't give him too much because of hormones in there... organic milk looks like not everyone likes the taste.. but if you prefer to use organic milk then start giving him after he turn one without even trying regular whole milk so he will continue drinking it... otherwise the change itself is going to take atleast one to two months... I have to wait for my son for 3 months to switch from pediasure to whole milk... so its kind of time taking process...

don't give toddler formula its only for babys taste buds not for babies above one yr... eventhou you use it its not going to provide the baby nutrition needs..