1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Who likes Non-Fiction ?

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Abha, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi all

i'm a book lover too... and i think books are a person's best friend...
    give me a book anytime and i dont need anything else...

well recently, i mean from past 1 year i have been studying a lot of non-fiction, and let me tell u, there's nothing like it...

I have read Author Jean Sasson, she is an american, who once went to Saudi Arab and became friends with a princess of a saudi Royal family... and then the princess told her all about the lives of women in middle east... and jean sasson has written many novels on the life of princess Sultana (name has been changed in the novel)

Jean sasson's all books are great but these are a must read: Princess, Desert Royal, Daughter's of Arabia... rape of Kuwait... amazing books... and all are real life stories... which will shake you, stir your soul and will make you cry will make you laugh...

has anybody here read Jean Sasson's books ???

2. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Hi Abha
    No , I have not read Jean Sasson, but read reports of "Mayada, Daughter of Iraq" the book about life under Saddam Hussein. And an interview with Jean Sasson in a lit. jounal. Since you have read her and recommend her books, I will give it a try.
    Thanx
    Manjula

3. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey Manju

i have read "Mayada - daughter of iraq" as well but actually i read all these books (princess, daughter's of arabia, desert royal) earlier so somehow i found mayada a bit boring, probably thats my point of view, because that book took us to a totally different setting, which is Iraq...

i wud recommend u to read princess and its sequels first..

cheers
    ~Abha

4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

I suggest Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach. It is a very good book...semi philophical, semi personality development and is very thought provoking.

1 person likes this.
  5. ReenaVinod

ReenaVinod Bronze IL'ite

Hi Abha,

I totally agree with you, i have also read Princess Trilogy by Jean Sasson and its really excellent. I really loved her work.

Now i m going to read Mayada Daughter of Iraq and Growing up Bin Laden. shall tell you later how was it. I m searching for rape of Kuwait, but the country where i reside is ban there.

thanks for your input for others novels will definitely try to read it.

6. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

I also read non-fiction, especially spirituality, but not heavy stuff. I recommend Laws of the Spirit World, and books by Dr Brian Weiss

7. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Me too a big lover of non fiction books.I have read many books of Robin Sharma, The Secret by Rhonda Byrne,Have a little faith by Mitch Albom.

8. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

I have not read Jean Sasson, but loved Deborah Rodriguez's 'Kabul Beauty School'. Waiting to read her 'Cup of Friendship' next. Greg Mortenson's 'Three cups of tea' is also a good book. Interesting read! I also loved, Anne Frank's 'Diary of a young girl', John Grogan's 'Marley and Me', Elizabeth Gilbert's 'Eat Pray and Love', Robin Sharma's and Malcolm Gladwell's series.

9. ReenaVinod

ReenaVinod Bronze IL'ite

hello friends,

just want to share my experience. i had just finished reading Mayada daughter of Iraq. trust me its really good book. its on a real life story of a woman who survived in Saddam Hussein's torture jail.

worth reading.