1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Who influenced you????????????

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Nov 11, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

This is an interesting topic to pen on. With passing time, we meet so many people and pick up threads from each of them. Few we carry it forever, few impacts are temporary. People who have impressed me is endless. I love to pick up threads from very strong personalities. These are the people who impress me. Strong in the sense of not philosophical thoughts and actions, but, real strong people who face life's challenges head on. These people influence me. We pick a lot from our parents which is but natural. I have picked up a lot from many strong persona's, I have let them influence me. I have let them groom me silently and am happy to be an polished apple today.

Good thread..

2. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai shanthi

Very nice write up, as usual.........and very nice topic also.....

Lot of people have influenced me........first person is my dad.......from him i learned traditions and culture of our community.........good habits..........punctuality........leadership,qualtiy..............honesty.........sharing.........

My mom,she is a LEGEND in cooking......... learnt a lot from her..........not only cooking, but also significance of puja,prayer........how to deal family matters........ etc etc cetc.....what not?

My sisters, though they are younger to me, they inspire me lot, i used to wonder seeing their confidence level,boldness,straightforwardness,individuality........and lot

My hubby from him i learned NOT TO EXPECT ANYTHING FROM ANYBODY.........he doesnot have any expectations..........and he is a very very simple man..........he wont talk lot but observe others a lot........(which i will never do).he want me to follow him..............HE WONT LIVE FOR OTHERS.............HE WONT WORRY ABOUT WHAT OTHERS WILL TALK...........HE WILL DO HIS DUTY ........

My younger chittappa- i learned lot from him, his bondage towards all his family members, his dedication in his profession,his attitude, his helping nature,etc etc etc.................i can add many things to this list..........He is GEM OF A PERSON.
    He is BIG INSPIRATION TO ME.........he is my role model............

And from my dad i learned that we shld not be very strict person to anybdoy........not always STRAIGHTFORWARD .......not very commanding all the time..........etc.. i decided to be very liberal and very friendly person..........

Let me stop this list..............and listen to others ........

latamurali

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi veda,

Thanks for peeping in....

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi mals,

Thanks for peeping in....

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi lata,

Looks like lot of positive influences in life.....great going....

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

good thread, Shanthi.

as with everybody i shall start the list with my parents:
    from them i learnt how to live within the means and be happy with that.
    courage, truthfulness, true to what you do, punctuality, generosity, etc., etc., etc.
    From my grandparents---it is they who taught me to look the other side of each and every problem and solve those, how to keep you cool when it is needed, etc.
    From my children---boldness, the way how they make things happen to their advantage, making lists to do things, etc.
    from my mil I to know how at all we shouldn't be like that in some of ways she had acted before.

I had to mention here one more thing--i came to know the importance of our Indian flag,by standing still whenever i hear our National Anthem, till today.
    This influence was from the movie 'Apoorva Ragangal'.

the list is endless, as we get to know more and more things daily and being influenced by them in some way or the other.

sriniketan