Who has the worst first-day-of-school jitters?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Aug 19, 2007.

Who has the worst first-day-of-school jitters?

1. Me

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. My child

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. We both do

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Both of us did not have any jitters

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Poll for August 19th 2007 to 25th August 2007
    Hello ILites

Like a typical Mom I have recorded the firsts of my child - first crawl, first sit, first stand, first walk etc. Now her first day to school was so special that I have captured her smiling enthusiastic face in my digicam.
    But not all of us would have a plesant experience seeing our child off to school on the first day. Moms are tensed, kids are crying out of insecurity is prevalnat situation in the kindergarten block of the school on the first day.
    In some cases the chld would be brave enough to face the new atmosphere but the Moms would have been too worried for her child.
    Mixed emotions play havoc on the first day to school. take up this week's poll topic, share your first-day-of-school jitters here in this thread.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007

2. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Laxmi,
    Great going!! You really are a treaure trove of ideas. Though my children are grown up, you are bringing back fond memories.
    I had FDSJ for my children, though they were very excited.

Regards
    USHA

3. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Laxmi,
    You are really a treasure trove of ideas like Usha has said. Both my daughter and I had jitters on her first day of school, though she did not cry. Imagine around 40 kids is each class howling to go back with the parents. My youger one is just in playschool now and she also had the initial difficulty in settling down.
    God!!!!

4. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Laxmi
    You bought back fond memories.I think I had it,as both my son and daughter refused to sit in class.For my daughter the trend continued for almost 2 months.Finally when she found no one outside ,she coolly decided go in and sit inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Karthiga

Karthiga Bronze IL'ite

hello laxmi,
    This week's poll took me to my school days, for i was a very worst jitter when i was sent to school for the first day. It took more than a month for me to settle down. (My mother said). Also every monday my mom will get furious :evil: till i get ready to school. My grandmother still says , "There is no child born here till now to break your record in going to school":oops: .
    But now my son was very happy on his first day to his play school. He thought it like a picnic and enjoyed well.

thanks
    karthiga.

6. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello ILites

Thanks a ton for filling this thread with your fond memories about your jitters and your kid's jitters on the first day of school.
    It was nice reading about all your experiences.
    Glad that you all like this poll topic.
    Hope you would like the next one too.
    Tune into this week's poll topic.
    See you all there.