1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Who Buys The Very Expensive Indian Mangoes In America?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Rihana, May 28, 2024.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

This thread reminded me of Pakistan's Mango courtesy. They send baskets of Alphonso Mangoes every year to the Indian Prime Minister, President, and a few others in the opposition side as well. They not only send it to India but to most world leaders as they are proud of their Alphonso Mangoes. Even though Pakistan is the fifth largest producer of Mangoes in the world (India is #1), they make it a point to send samples to the world leaders. I understand India never reciprocates this sentiments to Pakistan. Anyone who has high connections in New Delhi can taste the Pakistani Mangoes as they send at least 10 kgs of Mangoes to each person.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

Pak mango diplomacy is talk of the town during during eid when modiji and his predecessors reported hv recd 2 crates of Mangoes grown on special soil on the other side of Lucknow. On a single tree the mango man of india - a padmashri awardee produced over three hundred varieties of mango on a sigle tree by grafting techniques. You know the name.

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

OH MANGO! MY MANGO !

upload_2024-6-9_12-22-11.jpeg