Who am I? - Part II

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by Induslady, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vijaya asokan

vijaya asokan New IL'ite

getting introduced

Harhar
    hello i am viji from chennai
    happy to be one of the member

2. shailytrivedi

shailytrivedi Senior IL'ite

Re: Who am I? - Part I

Namaste Ladies

I have been in US for past 2 yrs. I came to US after marriage. As I was newly married so 1 yr passed so nicely but past one year I have been trying to find a job here but because of Visa issues could not get anything and that how I came to know about this informative site. Right now I am volunteering in my local Library and looking forward to enter into a university for my PhD.

I am a crafty person, love to make things. I read many beautiful crafts been discussed in the forum here so I am really happy to be here.

Shaily

3. pinkyraju

pinkyraju New IL'ite

Hi Guyzzz I am Pinky.iam came to US recently.after seeing this site in google i like to register and part of this site.

4. ashukrishna

ashukrishna Bronze IL'ite

Re: getting introduced

hi viji...
    welcome to our IL family...
    keep goin...
    cheers...!!!:)
    ashu

5. Mehak

Mehak New IL'ite

Hi all
    I am Mehak from Houston. I am married with two college going kids.I love to meet people, read, garden,dance and listen to Carnatic music.HarharI

6. lakshmikomminen

lakshmikomminen New IL'ite

Who am I?

Hi,

Me: Lakshmi living in Austin with my husband and two kids. My husband is an IT professional and I am a Housewife.

I born in Delhi, brought up in Madras, worked in Pondicherry and now living in Austin. Would want to settle down in Madras.

My hobbies are: Reading all Tamil Papers, Kolam, cooking, singing, Praying, and reading Stories for my kids. You guessed it correctly why I put Praying in hobbies because, I am not sure if I wanted to take up spiritual as my life? But, I have a strong belief that I am going to take up spiritual path one day. But, do not know when?

This is about me for now, since my son is calling for help with his Home work I g2g. Will write more about me later.

Lakshmi

7. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Lakshmi,

Welcome to IndusLadies and thank you for such a neat introduction about yourself.

You seem to be having lots of hobbies and sure they will keep you busy along with your kids and family.

Regarding taking up spiritual path, may be to help decide about it, you should visit our 'Religion and Spirituality' forum to get hold of good information about Sprituality.

Also, you are sure to meet lots of ladies here with similar hobbies that you have listed and make friends here.

Look forward to your participation.

8. Induslady

Hello Mehak,

Welcome to this community. You are sure to find lots of people of similar interests and make friends here.

BTW, you say you are from Houston, but your profile (on the top right of your post) says you are in UAE. However, you want to visit our local forums to know your neighbors here.

Look forward to your active participation.

9. Induslady

Hi Pinky,

Welcome to the US and IndusLadies community.

You may want to visit the local forum for the city/region you live in US. That will help you identify your neighbors and make friends. Also, there are lots of discussions here about living in the US which might be useful to you as a newcomer to US.

10. Induslady

Re: Who am I? - Part I

Namaste Shaily!

You are not alone, there are lots of people in this community sailing in the same boat - came to US a couple or few years back, want to work, but stuck in H4, wanting to know how to productively spend their time.

Good that you have decided to enter a university to do your PhD. That's the best use of time.

You should definitely visit our hobbies & crafts forum to share your crafts works as well as know more crafts from other crafty people here.

Look forward to your participation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.