Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lavanyaravoori

lavanyaravoori New IL'ite

Re: Who am I?

Hi:wave ,

I'm Lavanya Ravoori. Im 29 years old. I heard abt this site through my friend im a housewife. My Hubby is working for a chemical company here in singapore. I am having a 6months kid. i completed my postgraduation in india, and i learnd some software courses.

Now i get bored by sitting at home. im also looking for some home based jobs here in singapore.

With regards,
    Lavanya :)

2. noni

noni New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    I am Noni, born and brought up in Mumbai. My mother tongue is Gujarati. I am married since 2 years and living with my husband here in Zurich. We had a typical Bollywood stlye marriage. (love marriage, but this time against the wishes of boy's parents) Too much of ups and downs in life.
    But the life is going on good. After marriage, I have started enjoying the kitchen life. I try out new recipes and my hubby is fond of trying out new tastes all the time, specially on the weekends. But I get too lazy around the weekends. :( poor my hubby. But I do love to make some nice cocktails for him and he enjoys what I make for him.
    I love shopping, be it even a grocery shopping. I love children, but haven't planned for us as of now. Reading all this, one may think that I am a very homely person, but thats not true. Apart from my married life, I am too, rather very outspoken and outgoing. I love traveling and learning about diffrent cultures. And I also do some travel-writing stuff. I love photography(travel photography) and have a good collection of it.
    I am not at all sports person. But these days, as summer is coming up my hubby is forcing me to play Badminton and table tennis with him. Somehow I have to join him, or else he'll go and play cricket at the cricket club in Zurich. (which I don't want) :))
    At this time of the year, (its spring) birds are waking us up every morning at 6 which I really hate. But I do enjoy their sounds in the evening when the sun is setting down. It becomes really romantic, almost every day. I enjoy this period of the year a lot, as I also get a chance of doing a little bit of gardening, as my another hobby.
    Well, I think thats too much for the moment. I wish to get-in this zone and build-up some nice online friends with whom I can write down almost about anything.
    Hope to hear from some of you soon.

3. resmi1010

resmi1010 New IL'ite

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>
    Hi!

My name is Resmi. I am from Kerala. I am 25 years old. My husband, software engineer,now working at calicut.

I have a Nursing diploma from Govt. Nusring College Calicut. After my studies, I had worked at Govt. Medical college Calicut for 2 years. Now I am housewife and very very happy with my kid Achu, 2 year old baby.

That’s about me.

4. workingmom

workingmom New IL'ite

Hi,

Am a working women and mom to 7 months old kid.

Am from India.

Would love to know more abt u ladies....

Best wishes,
    Jyoti

5. kuntalrakesh

kuntalrakesh New IL'ite

hi, i'm kuntal shah, a mother of two kids , living in canada, city of edmonton, located in the center of state alberta.
    i like to read about our religion, hinduism, specially inyerested in geeta, & slocks which are in sanskrit, getting free online, so i can hear every morning @ my workplace, & could play it so my gujarati couliges also could listen & make the whole atmosphere clean,& holly.

thanx.

6. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Hi buddies,
    My name is Jayamoni, pls call me Jaya. Iam married to a Malaysian and settled here. Iam currently working and I have a lovely son.
    I enjoyed this forum so much that i decide to join in and learn from every one.:goodidea:
    Every day is a learning process for me, & i hope i can help others too. Iam more interested in spirituality ,humor & cooking of course and general knowkedge.
    Thanks for bearing with me and May God bless all.
    Jaya

7. newworld

newworld New IL'ite

Hi,

This is Newworld. I am from tamilnadu , living in near schaumburg.

I'dlike to meet the indusladies members with kids around 2years old.

Anbudan
    Newworld

8. biswajitbanerjee

biswajitbanerjee New IL'ite

Hello Ladies ( & gents?),

I am 64 years old, male and had really no idea before joining that this is, preferably, a ladies forum. So I beg your pardon if I am tresspassing.

Born in Banaras ( now Varanasi) I did my Engineering from Benaras Engg. College, B.H.U., Varanasi and after working a couple of years in Stuttgart, Germany, I settlted down and presently staying with my wife, Chaity, in Kolkata, India for the last 37 years.

My children, - son Kaushika (36), and daughter Sabari (34) are both married and settled in U.S.A. From each of them we have a grandson.

I am still working, self employed as an Interior Decorator. I design and execute
    peoples lifestyle needs as turn key projects.

My Mother tongue is Bengali, though I am comfortable with Hindi, English and still a little bit of German.

My interest in finding your group of caring and helping ladies was due to the plan of our forthcoming visit to Boston in June, when we suddenly had a great Idea of spending 3 nights in Frankfurt , on the way. ( 18th to 21 June)

I waslast in Germany in 1967, and like all places It must have undergone a great change in 40 years. A little nervous, to face the modern Frankfurt all by ourselves, we were looking for some friendly and compassionate local contacts for a few kindly tips, perhaps , if necessary. We have no commercial interest or intention to lean on them in any way.

A little advise here and there, where to eat good and economically, where to go, (Marburg for a day ?), etc. May be , time and convenience permitting, an evening together ? Most probably we shall be stayin in Frankfurt - Hostel near Haupt Bahnhof.

However, judging from the other posts from your various members, I feel that whatever be the initial intentions, it has been great to have come across a forum as yours and if on top of that We could derive some contact in Frankfurt, it be supers.

Thanking you all and wishing you all the best in life and beyond,

Biswajit Banerjee

9. Hetal

Hetal New IL'ite

Hello Friends,

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Greeting from India !

It is extremely difficult to describe one self any way’s to give a start; it brings me immense pleasure to join this community. I am from Mumbai, Single & working, my people are trying very hard to get the right match for me. Life is happy go lucky for me, I have no regrets about what life has offered me so far. I truly believe “Live life king size “. I have plunge into this forum to get great friends around the world, & see the world through their experiences.

Currently I am going through a very important phase of my life, hence I need your blessings & prayer so as to enable me to take the right decisions in my life.

Love You All ! All the very Best.

Hets :2thumbsup:

<TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">

<TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2007
  10. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hullo Mr. Bannerjee,

I live near Frankfurt. You can send a private message if you want to know of places u want to stay etc. es Frankfurt has changed, i have been here from past 7 years and i see the change every year and my friends from 30 years are always saying so! You can find a decent place near haupt bahnhof, and plenty of indian restaurants and foods available....should not be a problem. About places to visit, i think Heidelberg should be good for a day's trip! And looking around frankfurt too !
    Post your questions in the Europe forum.....and i am sure more people may respond too and it may be useful for everyone. Many will not visit this forum...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.