Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seemasaiyed

seemasaiyed New IL'ite

Re: Who am I?

Hi:2thumbsup: this is very interesting to know everybody's interest. i m seema and i m also interested in reading,cooking making new friends,listening to music.I m married and have two sons. My husband is bussinessman.

2. vijetamarthi

vijetamarthi New IL'ite

hi friends,
    i am vijeta ,i am from hyd but right now in bangalore with my husband. i am looking out for some good friends with whom i can go out to know the place & learn the language n the native cooking style . as my husband will be busy with his office i get bored in the house .i wanted to get in to the job but didnt know the areas here in bangalore so it didnt work out.
    after a very long time i am writting something like this its really hard kindly forgive me if there r any mistakes thanks for reading
    bye
    takecare
    vijeta marthi

3. jciyer

jciyer New IL'ite

Born in Chennai, raised in Hyderabad - I am a Tamilian with Palghat - Thanjavur origins. I am a Bachelor of Science , working in a software organization as a Quality Manager. I'm happily married to a man who is a very vibrant personality - we are very much in love - even after 17 yrs of marriage! We argue about everything like any otehr couple - but at the end of the day - just can't live without each other. We have a son - who is 16 - and the apple of our eye. He is a cute, smart and obedient kid - but he is very independent too - he has a blog of his own - where he writes on a wide range of topics from Chennai roads to Sports to Tigers!

My interests are varied - Reading, Browsing, Fashion and Jewellery Designing, Quizzes, Nature Cure, Spiritual, Fitness & Yoga. I like to cook too - but that depends on my mood. I love window shopping! I trek whenever we go for a vacation in the Western Ghats - at least once in 3 months. I am passionate about wild life - flora and fauna - and India's ecological spots. My favourite holiday destination is the forests of Kodaikanal - where we have done quite a lot of exploring.

One of my life's greatest desire is to trek to Mount Kailash and Manasarovar. I've been reading up lot of information on this and hopefully within the next 2 years, I should be able to acheive this goal.

In a nut shell, I think I'm a good friend to have!

4. lalliv

lalliv New IL'ite

i am lalli.v:) and i happened to know about this site thro a relative and i am not sure whether she is also a member in this forum but i find this site very interesting and useful .This site was very handy when i was struggling to make one sweet item during a festival for which i got the recipe here in this site and it came out very well and i bagged lots of appreciation from my kith and kins.

i am a retired government official of india and i am spending my retired life happily taking care of my parents and parent in law.during my leisure time i do painting and learn some classical music..
    my husband is retired bank officer and we have two children one daughter and a son.daughter got married and she has 3 year old kid.son is yet to be married.
    my ambition is to spend my life time very usefully in whatever status i am,that is ,as a daughter,daughterinlaw,mother,friend,citizen etc,.

hope i enjoy joining this forum and will be learning things from all here and viceversa. :2thumbsup:

lalliv.

5. VanithaSarasvathi

VanithaSarasvathi New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Hearty Greetings to you!
    Blessed are we to have such an incredibile facility to connect with friends all over the world. Our earlier generation did not have this opportunity.

I am Vanitha Sarasvathi. I was born and brought up in Ooty. I take pride in being born in a community by name Bagdaga.

I have done my master's in English literature and now I am working as a corporate trainer and a management consultant in Bangalore.

I was looking out for kolams (kind of rangoli) in the net and happened to land up in this site. I am very curious to get to know each other and definitely have a mutually enriching experience here. I am strongly convinced that the relationship has to be mutual, else we would lose interest as time flies by.

To speak about my interests, I am interested in all forms of art and craft. I read some of the Tamil magazines like mangaiyar malar, Bakhi, Sakthi, Aval vikadan and so on... and English magazines like business India, outlook, India today, reader's digest etc. I started to learn playing Veena. I would love to learn music. Just waiting for the opportunity. I knit, cross stitch, make cards etc.

We shall get to know each other in a more simulating way moving forward...

Best Regards,

Vanitha

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  6. anjananair

anjananair New IL'ite

First of all let me thank IndusLadies.Com for registering me as a member of your global online community.

I am Anjana.R.Nair, married and mother of a 3 year old daughter. I belong to Thrissur District in Kerala State and presently I am in Dubai with my husband and child.

Iam a house-wife and my hobbies include cooking, istening music and also I love spending time playing with my daughter.

I came to know about IndusLadies through Google Search and I felt I could have been register a little bit earlier. I am very thankful for poviding such a great opportunity to develop good relationsships among the members in diferent parts of the world and also for the open discussions and various other interesting activities. I wish u all the best and also like to congratulate for the great success you have achieved .

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  7. Maitri2512

Maitri2512 New IL'ite

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Hi

As my name suggests I'm Maitri-means friendship.I love to make friends and my friendship would not be for a while..i always remember people who have helped me in my life and i'm in touch with all my friends from my childhood .I'm 27 yr old and my native is Mumbai, but presently I live in Hyderabad.

People feel i'm very strong girl and I would have became a strong IPS officer and would hv became like Kiran Bedi...but i ended up doing my engineering in textiles and now i'm leading a very normal life of housewife.My son is 3 yr old who keeps me busy all the time,but at the end of day i feel i'm wasting my talent and my education ..I was good in acting as well.I have won many prizes and awards in acting in mumbai.But still i have not gone very far in my life..I dreamed of it but not did any efforts..since i'm strongly beleive in god,I'm postitive about my life and i feel this is my destiny...

I wish all the best to all sweet ladies of indusladies.com and wish to continue friendship forever...three cheers to "Maitri"!!!
    <TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

8. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vanitha
    REading your profile - made me excited - because my father grew up in Coonoor and we lived there for many years before moving to Coimbatore - so Ooty feels like home to me. My father was a manager of one of the tea estates - my mother started her married life there - so I feel nostalgic whenever Ooty or Coonoor is brought up!! One of my very good friend is also a Badaga - her father is Badaga. I know one or two sentences - you know asking how are you, etc! My friend's father still lives near Lovedale and everytime we visit India, I try to go there - it is so beautiful and peaceful - their house overlooks the Ketty valley -so you can imagine how it is.
    Welcome to IL - it is indeed nice to hear from people of different background. Please do tell us more about yourself and participate in the many forums that we have.

9. Punnu77

Punnu77 New IL'ite

Please tel me how do I post in SNIPPETS OF LIFE i am quite a new member so dont kno much about id...

But thank u 4 ur advice will try n do so but may be can give one more quotation for today:

" Life only passes us once..Today's moment becomes tomorrow's memory. Enjoy every moment, good or bad.. coz the gift of LIFE is LIFE itself "

Punnu

10. rpoornima

rpoornima New IL'ite

Hi

I am Poornima, I am a Financial consultant based in Hyderabad. I am hold an MBA in Finance from Singapore University and I have lived in the Asia-Pacific region for many years.

My hobbies are Painting,Apparel Design and Embroidery

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.