Who All Know Your Financial Net Worth?

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Rihana, Mar 25, 2021.

1. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Thanks to Redfin such matters are no longer a mystery, down to the last penny. :smiley:

Rihana and Angela123 like this.
  2. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Imo if relatives from India tend to convert to $$ so it would be in huge if a house in 700k. Better say it's equivalent to rental money.
    My side relatives are super smart they browse directly because they have their kids here
    Yes they compare everything from the visa, pr status, car, house, kid's school rating to jobs. It's practically impossible for desi families to stop comparison who got Gucci bag to 60th wedding.
    Don't even get me started on jewels.
    When I came here first I used to tell every shopping trip to parents & siblings of late siblings too compare.
    Though I never ask any of such questions still they keep asking and assessing how much we make, no one sees how much we spend.
    I learnt few lessons hard, never tell never ask is the best policy..

anika987 and Rihana like this.
  3. Sreevidyaa

Sreevidyaa Silver IL'ite

Other than my spouse no one else knows. I feel no need and no one else asked as well. Certain things are privy for just the couples.

anika987, Vedhavalli and Rihana like this.
  4. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

My husband of course, my siblings we all 3 are very close and we share each and everything like any new investment or new job or hike or any loss/gain, saving. Inlaws used to ask how much my salary and how much the property cost and all but later they gave up as I changed my job almost every 2 years and we kept purchasing selling properties often, but once in a while they asked and we shared. The same with my mama & mami(who are after my parents). Also, we have a close group of friends and family circle we all discuss openly our salary, saving, investments it helped us to negotiate our salaries when we were joining the same companies or similar kind of job, helped to make the right investments or how to increase the saving/investment. I don't go voluntarily announce my financial pictures to anyone but when someone asks with genuine concern or if they want to learn something then I will give ballpark numbers.
    Moreover these days anyone could guess our salary by simple google search based on our designation, also the list of all the properties on our name and its price since its a public record.

anika987 likes this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The financial planner friend. Btw, thanks to your tip from an earlier thread, I have written it all down for the bachachas :)