1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

White Shirt and Blue Jeans

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Devika Menon, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hey Meeta ,

I'm a die hard black fan too. I absolutely love black dresses . Infact it rules my wardrobe. Infact whenever I go to buy new garments I decide against buying anymore black but eventually end up adding one more. And if theres no black in my dress i add a stole for the effect.

God Bless,

Devika

quote=Meeta;238483]Hi Devika,
    My fav is of course blue jeans but mostly black shirts......I am a gr8 fan of black color.........so love to wear some or the other thing in black for most of the day.....even if I wear jeans/shirts in other colors, then will put a black sweater/scarf to go with it.....[/quote]

2. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Yes I agree:exactly:,pristine white salwar kurta or churidhar witha colourful bandhani dupatta looks divine.

Devika

quote=Anushiv;238628]Dear friends,

What a surprise! Today, I wore this ' combo' outfit for my work. As a freelance teacher, I can wear Jeans & everybody said it suits me & I too felt very cool & comfortable!
    Well, I personally feel white colour whether it is shirt/T-shirt or salwar (esp. with multi coloured dupatta) it gives an elegant look.

Pls. try this 'combo', You will definitely look awesome...!
    [/quote]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Gimme a chance and I would love to wear only trousers, unfortunately our company does not allow casual dressings on weekdays. So I have to be elegantly dressed on weekdays and keep my jeans for Friday. Friday my office is flooded with jeans with combo tops, it can be a tee, sleeveless shirt, kurti, full sleeves shirt, anything. Well, my favourite outfit is always a pair of trousers, be it jeans, parallels, capris, cargoes, pyjamas ... I love pants. The next favourite is a Short Skirts and blouse, then follows the Saree. The last comes Salwaar Kameez. I find Salwaar kameez more boring than Sarees. With designer collection of blouses to match your sarees, it is a sexy wear on a woman.

4. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Trousers are always welcome , and the kinda ones being designed now re really cool.
    I chked your place ,guess its Navi Mumbai...Seen lots of lovely boutiques lined there,apart from a lot of malls. I guess you must be having a good collection of ethnic dressed over there to pick from.

Devika

quote=malspie;238755]Gimme a chance and I would love to wear only trousers, unfortunately our company does not allow casual dressings on weekdays. So I have to be elegantly dressed on weekdays and keep my jeans for Friday. Friday my office is flooded with jeans with combo tops, it can be a tee, sleeveless shirt, kurti, full sleeves shirt, anything. Well, my favourite outfit is always a pair of trousers, be it jeans, parallels, capris, cargoes, pyjamas ... I love pants. The next favourite is a Short Skirts and blouse, then follows the Saree. The last comes Salwaar Kameez. I find Salwaar kameez more boring than Sarees. With designer collection of blouses to match your sarees, it is a sexy wear on a woman.[/quote]

5. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

My most comfortable clothes

Week ends: An old sweat shirt ( >15 years old) from my alma mater and leggings \ track pants.

Other times a very loose fitting denim shirt and linen pants.

Leggings are in and jeans are out for working women on casual fridays provided the top covers one's figure modestly (mid thigh length)

6. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

This was our staple favorite in college wears. And I always have atleast 6-7 white shirts and t-shirts at any time. As I am just glued to white color. I can wear it seven days a week.

Jeans is I guess boon for lazy people like me. In college we had bizzare race,where who would wear the same jeans without washing for longest days. No point mentioning I never won it, there were more arduous fans of it.

Whenever I run out of ideas on trying various colors , I lay my hands on white shirts.
    For me most comfy dresses are many, I am big one for skirts and capri too. So at any day a Designer skirt and an elegant top will be comfy fit too.

I even find Salwar kurta very comfy ones. I have couple of them here. But I havent tried to wear it to office yet.

Ria

7. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Hi Devika,

It is an interesting thread, dear! I like to wear light weighted stretchable jean with kurthi. Would be thinking everytime rather would be defining it as a goal to select some different colours. But, would end up in white, black or pink.

When it comes to reply, I have to share my true opinion. Sorry that I can't go with you. Because blue and white was my uniform.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  8. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

In that case dear Oviya, never touch the combo for a long time!! I remember how i did not join a very good college next to my resi for the simple reason that they had uniforms. So i can relate to your disagreement.

God Bless,

Devika

quote=Oviya;238890]Hi Devika,

It is an interesting thread, dear! I like to wear light weighted stretchable jean with kurthi. Would be thinking everytime rather would be defining it as a goal to select some different colours. But, would end up in white, black or pink.

When it comes to reply, I have to share my true opinion. Sorry that I can't go with you. Because blue and white was my uniform.[/quote]

9. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Devika ma'amBow

A nice thread! Blue is my favorite colour n i like the combo of blue n white. Eventhough i have shirts/ T shirts in different colours to wear for blue jeans, my formal white cotton shirt finds its first place. Unfortunately, my college has dress codes n we should wear nothing but salwar kameez. So eventually salwar kameez tops my list of comfort dresses, followed by jeans.

Love
    Meena

10. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Creative thread Devika!

Oh, I absoultely love the white shirt and blue jeans combo. It is my most favorite. I like the shirt to be a full sleeve cotton one, crisply ironed. I like to wear the sleeves carelessly folded until just below the elbow. The sleeve should look crumpled but the rest of the shirt should have a crisp look! I like chinese collar shirts the most.

Ok, I don't think you really asked for so much detail! :)

I love everything white anyway. In fact my idea of my dream room is to have all white furniture, white drapes, white everything! May be shades of off-white intermixed.

I used to love those Lucknowvi salwar suits in India. I had so many white ones with different pastel color embroidery weaved into it. I used to love wearing them.

I also love wearing light weight cotton Khakis and capris. Tops/shirts that have a black and white pattern are abundant in my wardrobe.

SS