Which Syllabus In India Has No Memorizing

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by EagerForInfo, Mar 1, 2024.

1. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

swetha, it was not directed at you. apologies, if you felt.

I will rest my case. I am falling to the same trap of comment which i said before, participating in multiple threads which OP never considers.

Swetha52003 likes this.
  2. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

OP Is this your decision or your husband's decision or both of you decided? What will be living arrangements? Will you have parents help? What about your job and your husband's job? Did you and your kids travelled to India before? Are you familiar to weather lifestyle there? It's easy to adjust in usa for person coming from india but difficult for person coming from usa to adjust in india.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for tagging me sir. My opinion is its better off for ops children to stay in US. Cbse is difficult and education in India is like a rat race where even 0.1 percentile makes a world of difference not to mention the cultural shock the kids have to experience. Coming back to India should be the last option.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

Thanks for responding.
    This thread belongs to @EagerForInfo

5. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

I’m so upset to see your response. What would a family on H1 do if they think like this ?? Nowadays people are getting greencards like a piece of candy but let’s say a family did not get green cards. They too will be compelled to go back to India. I don’t know why I am getting so much criticism. There are a ton of reasons to go back to India. Dating , vaping drugs are come reasons. !! My sweet daughter who has been a princess till 5th is talking about having boyfriends , how it is better to date , how she wants to date , talking filthy language like bitch , **** ., yelling at us calling us stupid , idiot and to shut up . IF you saw the changes in my daughter I am sure you would feel the same way or any mom would feel the same way. AND TO ADD TO that screen time addiction , and this is just the start of middle school in the US. Is this all worth it ?? You tell me. Why would someone waste their time in US to put bogus messages on a world wide website ? You think we have nothing better to do especially when wr are already deprived of time. Please stop side tracking my posts. Lucky you to have such a wonderful life to make my posts seem like trolling and ranting.

6. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

And moreover if we skip this window will they be even “able” to go back when they are older ?? They will be strangers in their own country for life if we miss this window !!

7. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
  8. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Which messages are inappropriate and worthy of me removing them ?? You tell me and I will be glad to remove them. Regarding help and guidance - what do you think the purpose of me spending so much time to post messages in this forum is ??

9. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
  10. wish4miracle

wish4miracle Gold IL'ite

I just went through some Indian boards education system for my personal keep.
    CBSE, ICSE, IB and IGCSE are different boards in India, CBSE generally preferred for students continuing their ed in India with scope to medical/science/engg. Less expensive.
    IB in metro focuses more on knowledge/skill development unlike CBSE where memorization is required. Expensive. widely recognized other than India (comparatively)

You can go through all possible boards(availability, finance, syllabus, exams) in India and devise a plan according to your needs. Plan based on pros and cons weightage.
    As everyone says, edu in India is very competitive. Culture shock, syllabus, teaching methodology(class hours, effort, exams, assignments) will be huge.