Which Syllabus In India Has No Memorizing

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by EagerForInfo, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

:hello:Schools here in Chennai India are training students for state board exam and are interested students get through board; and tests are oriented only testing memory.

CBSC students find it hard to compete with state board in terms of total marks and ranks and for professional college admission it is cake walk for top scoring board students than the CBSC students.

Students life in India stands miserable from their age 14 . They attend school then tutorials and ciaching classes and then study at home burning around almost 17 to 18 hours a day.

Students of CBSC aspiring for medical and engineering, there total marks in +2 finals added 5% of their marks for ranking purpose for admission to professional courses.(i am yet to verify whether it is still followed)

Change of environment, losing old familiar friends circle, learning additional language like Hindi or Sanskrit or French, et al all will add to the pressure besides possibility of feeling islolated or and insulated from class mates and accent may cause depression.

International schools - you hv indicated you are not interested. My friends’ kids who all returned for good from USA Canada & Malaysia have put their kids during their crucial years of education put them only in international school at outskirts of chennai city. Now after a decade, I see those kids performed well pursued higher studies in foreign universities and they are reluctant to come back to India.

But then you may have your own reason to bring her to India for her education in her crucial years! I have heard stories from few that their foreign born children brought to India were not happy in local schools and could not compete for rank with fellow students in class. Such children seemed to have totally turned against their parents alleging they had caused turmoil in their life.
    God Bless

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
    Rihana and Swetha52003 like this.
  2. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

OP has a pattern of starting a thread with insufficient information and then multiple ILs will discuss for days with no proper inputs or direction . This sound rude , just my observation.

Thyagarajan, mangaii and MalStrom like this.
  3. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

I would recommend not take offense to such things.

It is evident that the OP is undergoing lot of trauma. She turns up here with some hope for help. Even if we can't help, we can be compassionate.

Thyagarajan and Swetha52003 like this.
  4. Swetha52003

Swetha52003 Gold IL'ite

Yes, OP’s threads are incomplete and sometimes strange too, I agree! In the past she started a thread about banning spousal visas. She herself seems unsure and incomprehensible of the stuff in her own posts. It’s quite understandable why people are on edge when replying to her posts.Now she wants to go back to India. But don’t you think all of these can be a cry for help? We don’t know, right?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
    Thoughtful and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I don’t know. Some people seem to thrive on drama.

Thyagarajan and mangaii like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

I endorse this point of view.

7. Thyagarajan

State board students in TN are taking up their public exam for XI standard repeat XI standard from today.

8. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

this is not against you or proving my point. but OP has been advised multiple times to seek therapy. this portal is no good anymore .

Regarding India, most of the ILs are from india, what are we pretending for. India is great but at the same a huge competitive place. It is as safe as you act appropriately or it can be as dangerous as a recent brazil women roaming in jharkhand thinking all are nice. did you consider which state, my Son was sick every week in Bangalore due to pollen and dust allergy we had multiple trip to hospital. hospitals are as a nice as you have money. you cannot goto to india with mind as NRI.

you do not go to another country just because your kid is playing ipad. did you consider place to stay, job. It took my spouse close to 2 yrs to find a job, there is huge age discrimination when we were trying to relocate. did you consider how the commute is , from and to work . if you can see your kid at home in time daily. who will take care of kid. when at work. if you are not working, finances.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

--deleted--

Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Swetha52003

Swetha52003 Gold IL'ite

Oh my God, Lavani.I was not encouraging op to go to India. If anything I advised her against it. No need to explain to me, I know the challenges well ! Then ILs advise to her about therapy , she immediately follows the advise and on healing path soon.. That would be super nice, isn’t it?But most often real life doesn’t work that way dear. She clearly doesn’t understand she needs a therapy or she misses some rational thinking.My point was as Thoughtful above said no point in getting offended or impatient about OP’s threads. There are so many people on different neurospectrum , which reflects the diversity of one’s experiences . OP is different, so are her problems, once she realizes she herself is a part of her problem, maybe she will start her healing !

lavani and Thyagarajan like this.