1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Which humidifiier to use?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Blossom, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Blossom

Blossom New IL'ite

My 2 months old baby is suffering from severe cold. I can hear his wheezing sound and his nose gets stuffed especially after his sleep. He also has dry cough and sneezes a lot. He gets choked very often when he drinks. It is hot here but windy. Please advise me as to what humidifier i should buy so that he doesn't suffer from dryness.........

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

I think Vicks has a humidifier. Dont put any Vicks in it though - just plain water. And keep your baby upright while sleeping (car seat/pillows under the shoulders). You can also use a nasal aspirator to get the mucus out. And use the saline drops a few mins before feeding so that he can feed easily. Hope he gets better soon.

Vanathi.

PS - Try and give as much breastmilk as possible. It contains the antibodies which will help the infection clear faster.

3. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Blossom, we use a brand called Reli On (bought it from WalMart). Are you in Chennai or in US?

Raj

4. nakkamanju

nakkamanju New IL'ite

bossom,
    i use reli on humidifier .....its good and at times i add few drops of eucalyptus oil it really soothes the cold and cough

thanks
    manju