1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Which fruits and common foods to avoid for border line diabetics?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by GitaAM, Nov 30, 2011.

1. paulmac

paulmac New IL'ite

I know that the question was about which foods to avoid - but I feel equally important is exercise which goes hand in hand for controlling diabetes.

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Gitam, [​IMG]to Indusladies Health Forum. a nice start.

roamin, kavitharaja, laxsuresh, subhaganesh, amunique, sreyachandra ([​IMG] to IL and healthforum), g3sudha, skanum, paulmac - all of you have come up with very nice tips. [​IMG]

skanum, As you have mentioned that you are on borderline of diabetics and the way you control it, it will go a long way helping ILs who are in similar situation like yours boosting them. Keep sharing your dietary changes and results.[​IMG]

3. GitaAM

GitaAM New IL'ite

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions and encouragement. Im sorry I could not respond earlier as my servant has also taken off to his village and there is just no spare time at all at hand as you can well imagine!

Based on the suggestions and info from medical sites, our typical menu and lifestyle is as follows:

Breakfast: One glass of overnight infusion of karela, methi seeds, cinnamon, coriander seed, fresh turmeric, fresh amla + 1tsp noni juice.
    Oats + flaxseed + chopped apple or pomegranate + sattu powder [ground roasted gram flour, ragi flour, groundnut flour] + fat free home made curd + 1/2tsp honey. PLUS papaya or orange or any seasonal fruit. 1 cup coffee with minimum sugar - Must have at least one decent cup of coffee to start the day.

Lunch: 1 Banana plus handful of roasted gram [chana], or left over dinner vegetable + 1 chapathi, or wholemeal chutney sandwich.

Evening: Light tea without sugar + 1-2 cream crackers

Dinner: Small qty rice or 2 chapathies with one vegetable cooked without oil. Huge bowl of salad vegetables dressed with fat free curd, flax seed, chopped apple, real vinegar, lots of crushed garlic and minimum salt.
    One piece fruit after dinner.

1 hour evening walk.

Will do the sugar test and lipid profile after a month or so and see if there is any change!