1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Which Brand Of Calcium Citrate Is Soluble

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by SuiDhaaga, Sep 11, 2020.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I take Calcium Citrate to prevent osteoporisis. It supplements my daily Calcium intake.

I add Calcium Citrate with boiling milk and drink (this helps manage bowel movements)

Calcium Citrate from GNC, in green and white bottle leaves some residue, https://www.gnc.com/gnc/097312.html?cgid=gnc

So I purchased another Calcium Citrate also from GNC in a white and blue bottle, https://www.gnc.com/calcium/097313.html#q=calcium+citrate&lang=default&start=1

and it is horrible. Not only does it leaves residue (even after mixing in boiling milk for 6 minutes!) but also gives grittiness, as if I am eating sand.

Which brand of Calcium Citrate is Soluble? This is driving me bonkers!!!

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Why at all you need to take with boiling milk or any other substance except drinkable water at room temperature or NTP.

2. Timing is equally important I suppose. After brunch or after breakfast seemed to be ideal as then you can expose yourself to sunshine for approximately twenty minutes considered best for reasonable absorption by the human body.
    3. Vitamin D also is required for calcium absorption. The best source of vitamin D is sunshine for approximately 20 minutes per day, which is not a problem for most people who live in the South. Vitamin D also is found in many other sources and generally is not responsible for poor calcium absorption.

4. Other points to bear in mind: Other components in food: phytic acid and oxalic acid, found naturally in some plants, bind to calcium and can inhibit its absorption. Foods with high levels of oxalic acid include spinach, collard greens, sweet potatoes, rhubarb, and beans.

For alternate brand, your family physician is the best.

Thanks and Regards.

SuiDhaaga likes this.