1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Which advices from ILites were helpful to change your hubbys behaviour??

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Pooja005, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Pooja005

Pooja005 New IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

I have seen here many threads where some ladies have shared with us how their husband is so much attached to his parents and his family that his family comes always first for him...even before his wife. Or in some other threads I have read how some husbands are mamma´s boys and they would run to their mom to get advices before discussing things with their wife or that they would always just listen to their mom rather than their spouse.

So, I would like to know if some of you have seen any changes, improves in your husband´s behaviours after getting advices from other ILites on that topic and which of them were helpful. Would be grateful if you could share with us. I am asking because my husband puts his family always first and he would still after discussing things with me go to his parents/his mom and ask for their opinion on our personal stuff, what I don´t like at all. So instead of creating a new thread with the same topic I would rather like to know the good experiences from the ladies who had also these problems and got advices from other Ilites.

thanks...pooja

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010

2. remyanavaneeth

remyanavaneeth New IL'ite

hai.
    yes ! surely u can see the change after 2-3 yrs, but the thing is you have to accept that your mil is your mother(though there are lot of difference) and you must the things which she like s more... making sweets and savours she likes, taking her outside,keeping good but in smiling face all these can surely help you to get their love, your hus will come to know that you are treating her well but she is not reciprocating to you.... that moment u can expect ur hus s support! these all i diid. and gods grace sucessfully got in !!! try these tricks . One thing important ,ur hus should come to know u are treating them good ,but htey are not ! all the best!

3. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Pooja there was a v nice statement written by Nandu on one of the posts that you can never change anyone but yourself & this is a fact.

With my interactions on this forum, there's nothing that I've seeked to change my DH also I know that nothing can change him, however got a place to share feelings which were not possible to be done with DH, and change my expectation levels & emotional dependency on him.

4. lakvishy

lakvishy Senior IL'ite

Hi Remayana !

Liked your message. But, the phrase "tried these tricks" left a very BAD taste back.

You have now planted this belief in me, that even my DIL, whenever she comes after 2 decades, could also be trying TRICKS on me, to get my son's affections, instead of really, trying to reach me !

Anyways, if it happens, I cannot do a single thing, and will leave my son and DIL on their own !

Thanks for the EYE-OPENER !