1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whether to continue work or not during preganacy

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Girlfriend, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Girlfriend

Girlfriend New IL'ite

Hi All lovely Ladies,

Here is the dilemma of lots of a young working women. Whether to continue work or not when they are blessed with pregnancy.

Advantage of not working
    1. Can read lots of holy books and listen to light music. This can be peaceful.
    2. Can cook better and eat nutritious food
    3. No work related stress

Disadvantage side of not working
    1. May loose touch with the career
    2. It could be hard to adjust initially. Specially in foreign country where you do not have much socializing.

Quite a few of my friends have the same question. So, it would be wonderful to know your views/experiences on this.

Thanks
    Parul

2. vijubala

vijubala Bronze IL'ite

Hi Parul,
    This is Vijubala.Actually my suggestion is to continue working for the first 6 to 7 months of pregnancy.But take care that U don climb too many staircases,boarding buses,travelling in 2wheeler etc., esp.in the first 3 months(this is suitable even for non-working women,hope U might b knowing these facts,but just to reinforce,I quote it here).
    Complete sitting at home is also too boring & surely it will cause some fears,if it is first pregnancy.Too much sitting at home will lead to over eating,gaining of weight,which will lead to hypertension,other health risks.So normal work hours without stretching,straining too much will be surely helpful for delivering the baby easily.But working after 6 months of pregnancy,is a strict no-no from my point of view.
    I pen this from my personal xperience

3. Girlfriend

Girlfriend New IL'ite

Hi Vijubala,

Thank you for your early response.

Lots of Luv,
    Parul

4. vijubala

vijubala Bronze IL'ite

U R WELCOME, Parul