1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whether my DW loves me ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by trueloveseek, Sep 11, 2013.

1. trueloveseek

trueloveseek Senior IL'ite

Brief background: I am married almost 10 years back. It was arranged marriage. Wife has studied BSc and is homemaker. All the women on her side are going to jobs except my Wife. I don't know why she wanted to be home maker only. Her younger brother who got married 2 years back also got a wife who works now. So only reason i can think is she is of a mild nature and not career oriented person to begin with. I am not at all bothered whether my wife works or stays at home. In-fact I know she has a choice which she can exercise anytime.

Lets come to my Thread reason. Let me point out all the good things she does to me or is her nature by birth.

1. She is the only one person whom I love and share my feelings[because she is such a nice polite natured person, extremely lucky to have such good behavior in her].
    2. She has a very very practical and logical mind of her own.
    3. She manages my kid[8 years] very well and never complains of taking care of the kid.
    4. Cooks whatever i want to eat at short notice[i like this very much]
    5. Whenever we fight , she is the one who comes and asks sorry[nowadays i feel very very sorry for her].
    6. never mistreated my mom and sister till date.[I am not in talking terms with my DAD, so not much in-laws issues for her.]
    7. Keeps the house clean and takes care of all the small things in house.
    8. Good habits like reading books, spirituality and politeness.

Sometimes I feel I am extremely lucky to be married to such a lovely Wife.[Another secret point I like in her is she is extremely beautiful and more than the most beautiful actress anyone has ever seen. But this credit goes to her Mom and Dad right :)]

Now the not so good things which I realized[after 10 years with her] what really LOVING wife's do to their DH after reading so many threads on this forum. [My wife knows i visit this online forum, and she told me to stop this kind of kiddish stuff, because she does not know how to come on this forum.]

1. Never Ever gifted me anything with surprise element like a card, small gift etc.[I know money is not the reason]
    2. Never Ever in the last 10 years of our marriage she has come to my side [heart to heart discussion] and told me "I Love You". This is the most bugging point I have.
    3. Never appreciated me in front of my in-laws. But gives respect to me as a person who has to be respected when she talks to her parents.[she lost her mom just last year. I had a wonderful relationship with her and I miss her very much now :(]
    4. Never cooks great food. always careless while cooking. And I think I married expecting some great cooking will happen in my home. But she has failed me here[occasionally she cooks great food but it is like once in a while only]. Even now she does not taste what she cooks and when I eat I just pretend that I am happy, But inside my mind I hate the food.
    5. When I lost my job 3 years back due to my ego clashes at office, she tom tom my failure to all her side family members. I got back another JOB within 15 days, but I felt HORRIBLE to know that the person whom I love does not have the maturity to hide such facts. I have never forgiven her in my inner soul till this day for this thing and will never ever forgive her. This point I am slowly forgetting as JOB is not everything in life. But my Self-respect has been dented by my Wife. She used the word "LOSER" when she felt like I was not doing good professionally, Luckily she told me this word verbally when we were both alone. This verbal word is like equivalent of calling a woman PROSTITUTE as per me. I cried, my stomach churned when I realized it was my WIFE who called me LOSER. But I cant change what happens in a professional world. I have moved only upwards in my career till now.

How am i a LOSER when I have two lands registered on my name which I purchased from my own earnings in the last 10 years[worth 40 lakhs]. I have never stopped earning in the last 10 years of our marriage. i.e we have roof over the head, shopping every month, eating out every weekend. my cars till date - Maruthi 800, Accent, Chevy Impala [when in USA], Baleno, Wagon R [current one]. Kid goes to the best International school in town. I take care of my mom, wife, kid with my money and not having a LOAN till date on my name. Still she called me LOSER and what a return I got for my hardwork. :(

6. Always nags to me that I should find a JOB in OVERSEAS. Because all her cousins, brothers, near and far relatives are in USA but I am in INDIA. This is something I can fulfill If I try a little hard. But it will mean I will be doing such jobs which I will hate everyday and not enjoy my JOB. Once I took her to USA for 1 year in 2008-2009 and she has tasted BLOOD and my tigress is longing for the Blood ever since. I don't know how to fulfill this need. even my son is commenting when we will go to Foreign land, He asks me why I don't find a job in AMERICA. I keep telling him that he will get bored there as there will be zero friends to him. But he is like his mother and tells me that no matter what I should find a job in AMERICA.:bonk

Nowadays i think I am LOVING her more to forget all the things I have vented above. I keep messaging "I Love you" once in an while to surprise her. I got her greeting cards with "I Love you" written by me which she liked and showed to my son with Proud smile on her face. I don't hate my WIFE but I feel she is childish in understanding me. Somehow she is a child roaming in my house and I have told her 100 times that we have 3 kids in our home, WIFE, SON and my MOM.

So Please let me know if I have to do something more to make my Family more HAPPY or whether I am doing what most of your Hubbies are doing ?

1 person likes this.

2. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Sounds like a DW venting out instead of a DH !
    Great writing, very rare for a man to be so descriptive about his DW, they can write pages for beloved, but about DW, kabhi nahi.
    Hardly any man bothers if his wife loves him, the basics should be catered to, that's all.
    You have a kid, a home , wife who cooks sometimes, what else do you need?

3 people like this.
  3. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

There is no major issue in your life. You are doing very well for your family. Your wife has some unrealistic expectations. In future if your son tells you to get a job in the US tell him to study and work hard and go there on his own merit. Highlight the positives of living in India to your wife. Take her for some sightseeing within the country and show her how beautiful it is!

Some people have this fascination for the west. your wife belongs to this category.

1 person likes this.
  4. RadiantFlower

RadiantFlower Platinum IL'ite

I am curious to know what's stopping her from accessing this forum?!

Is she not computer literate?

5. RadiantFlower

RadiantFlower Platinum IL'ite

I think you're being excessively paranoid.

Glad to hear that your wife is comp savvy.
    Wouldn't it be wonderful to get your wife on board ( pun intended) too - keep it all in the family, no? :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  6. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

Didn't go through your other posts. But this particular post of yours will not in anyway offend your wife. I would say, you should purposefully bring this post to your wife's notice.

Or better if you could address an email or a handwritten letter with same contents as above along with a surprise gift.

May be she will understand how some words slipped out of immaturity and lack of thought hurt you and how important it is to reciprocate and express love.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

You are ok with your life no major issues,have a wife who does everything for you--but misses to say I love you--this is not a major issue in life!!!! --- be happy with what you have....if you go thru other thread you will feel you have a blessed life..!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Okie so now, What's the problem..??

4 people like this.
  9. abinayamadhavan

abinayamadhavan Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I donot see big problems:) Your wife loves you too. Each person have their own way of expressing love.

My DH expects gifts/surprises like you expect from your wife. But I am not that kind of person. I love to spend time with him alone. But he is a different kind.

Not necessarily everybody has to express love in the same way:)

10. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

If a woman is not career oriented, and chooses to spend all her life in looking after her home and family, it does not make her a maid!!

And it doesn't mean she is of 'maid mentality'.