Where will i get after pregnancy belts

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by rumnair, Jul 10, 2007.

1. rumnair

rumnair New IL'ite

Hi all,

I would like to know where (shops) i will get the after delivery tummy tuck belts in Chennai? And also good stylish diaper bags?

thanks
    RR

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    You can get tummy belts at any of the surgical shops in your area and there are a few on Mount road also. You can buy very smart diaper bags at Just Born or Naidu Hall.
    Happy Shopping,
    Cheers,
    Janani

1 person likes this.
  3. Sumathy

Sumathy Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Try in 'Pills and Powders' chain of medical stores for the belt, if they are there in chennai.

Reg diaper bags, Lifestyle / Shoppers stop have good collection. One good thing to have is a water proof vinyl sheet that comes with the bag which comes very handy when you have to change nappies at places where there is no special surface is provided. Some bags come with this sheet (neatly folded and fitting in the bag).
    Cheers,

Sumathy

1 person likes this.
  4. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

hi,

whatever you have mentioned all those are available in Naidu Hall. before you go to shop just take measurement of your waist size or take an inch tape along with you to the shop.

regards,

vanaja

1 person likes this.
  5. rumnair

rumnair New IL'ite

6. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey

can somebody please tell me whats this tummy tuck belt ???

~Abha

2 people like this.
  7. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

If I am not mistaken,is this tummy tuck belt the same one called a surgical tummy belt?If it is,then that is worn generally to reduce back pain etc after a surgery.I have one such belt with me which I too got after my delivery with the strong hope of reducing tummy.I can tell you some thing about it-it is very uncomfortable to wear it in the first place. Secondly,once you wear it,it is difficult to sit since you will have to sit straight only.If you are planning to breastfeed the baby,again you will find it difficult with the belt on. Finally,with all this,it did not help to reduce my tummy!

8. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Ohh okey Sunitha, i got it, its a very tight broad belt sort made of elastic...

i know about it, my sis used it after pregnancy, its of no use i guess, i mean how can a elastic reduce your tummy, if that was the case the whole world wud wud be wearing it....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  9. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

HI friends,
    I think this tummy tuck belt is used specially just after ur pregancy,Thats true that it is very uncomfortable but at the same time very useful to keep ur tummy inside in one place..As i have used all 3types of belts,first when i was in hospital they gave me gd cloth made belt which i had to use just after my surgery,the second was with saree material(infact saree)which my oil message servant use to tie around my tummy(VERY TIGHT):evil:,third i bought from lingerie shop ,and that is the one which i think ladies here r discussing about ,i always found them very usefull for my tummy which i think if ever i didnt have used it then my tummy would be 3times bigger then what its now:)..so i think its very neccessary,n also may reduse ur back pain too...
    thanks