1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where the mind is without Fear

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Thanks JJ.. your kind words serve to inspire me..

2. Anandchitra

Janani dear
    Thank you for your kind words.. Examples are many around us of those who have come up from small beginnings. It is surprising what the mind can do .. and its better that its put to good use and to ones own betterment as well.

3. Anandchitra

My BQ
    Your words are as pleasing as your rose flower.. You have also started my day touched by your kindness.
    I thought of writing about the impact of the words of Bharathi.. and so this came around. Many of us need some kind of hope or dream to clutch to stay above board.. Being in the dancing side you must be aware of what it took for you to sustain yourself.. could be different factors.. still these words from the great poets still live on and breathe when we do.. Thanks again for your very kind words:)

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear AC,
    that was awesome...i am so happy anjali fulfilled her mothers dream..worth all the difficulties they endured in their life....actually looking out for such an anjali the last 3- 4 years..want to help educate a girl child ..someone who is very serious about studies .and will do a proffessional degree but does not have the means for it...though there are many such cases how do i go about it ...any ideas?...
    Mindi

5. Anandchitra

Mals dear
    There is a proverb in Tamil which when translated means when the Gods shower blessings they even rip the roof of a thatched hut for the blessings to pour through..
    Thats what I felt reading your comment.. We both know you are being kind.. still I need to clutch at that kindness so as to survive. Thank you for that.
    For young minds a temporary fix might mean a solution to all their problems.. its difficult to put the whole picture in perspective at that young age!
    Maybe we are all not blessed by such mothers or maybe we are.. Its still upto us to clutch at any straw if only to stay afloat.. and here the words of our country;s great poets come to fore.
    For your benefit I am giving the poem here in Tamil and then in English translation..

அச்ச்மில்லை யச்சமில்லை அச்ச்மனெப தில்லையே

இச்ச்கத்து ளோரெல்லாம் எதிர்த்துநின்ற பொதினும்
    துச்ச்மாக வெண்ணிநம்மை தூறுசெய்த பொதினும்

பிச்சைவாங்கி உண்னும்வாழ்க்கை பெற்றுவிட்ட பொதினும்
    இச்சைகொண்ட பொருளெலாம் இழந்துவிட்ட பொதினும்

கச்சணிந்த கொங்கைமாதர் கண்க்ள்வீசு போதினும்
    நச்சைவாயி லேகொண்ர்ந்து நண்பரூட்டு பொதினும்
    பச்சையூ னியைந்த்வேற் படைக்ள்வந்த பொதினும்
    உச்சிமீது வானிடிந்து வீழுகின்ற் பொதினும்

English Version

Fear not my soul. Fear not
    Fear not when the world unites against
    Fear not the derisive stares and the looks cold
    Fear not the vagrant’s life,
    When you’ve lost everything you hold

Fear not my soul. Fear not
    Fear not the seductress’s charms
    Fear not the venom, nor the burning tongue
    Fear not the enemy, taking up arms

Fear not my soul. Fear not.
    When the world around you comes crashing down.

And this one from Tagore for all of us..

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
    Where knowledge is free
    Where the world has not been broken up into fragments
    By narrow domestic walls
    Where words come out from the depth of truth
    Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection
    Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way
    Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit
    Where the mind is led forward by thee
    Into ever-widening thought and action
    Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake

Thanks to all for reading these great works..

6. Uma Jogi

Uma Jogi Senior IL'ite

It was really a Wonderful reading ..!! Thanks for the post chitra...
    I always tell my inlaws kids that....we are gifted by GOD to live a better life when compared to others who beg money to make their one meal..!!
    This time when time permits i shall tell them this story n inspire them....!!
    Computer Typing... Kudos chitra.... Thank u..!!

Uma

7. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

My dearest Lovable Chithu sis,

My heart felt regards for the analysis and interospection that has gone deep into your heart and that has pierced many hearts here too !!

"Mother" is the greatest miracle the Supreme had ever created, according to my knowledge. Mother of all different flora and fauna too take the highest position in this Cosmos. She bears so many difficulties just to see her gene fly high in the horizon of life. The most amazing expression in all her thoughts, words and deeds is that she takes both the positive as well as the negative end in a neutral manner, keeping in mind, our Well being. There is no second aim for her.

Chithu sis, rather than Anjali's role, I would love to point out her mother's role here in my feedback. The reason behind is very much in your own narration. Yes, mothers of all range and classes, meaning, from different background, bear the same foetus and they have high hopes for the "yet to be born". They grow the child within them by providing their own blood and nutrition. They talk with the child, impart good values and character right from day one thinking that it will have an impact in the child during the stages of development !!! The same was done to "Abhimanyu; Arjuna's son in Mahabharata" and we know the outcome. Though the twist was heart aching, I just want to pin point on a mother's role.

Anjali's mother had passed on all her qualities to Anjali. With no support from anyone in family and with the society shunning their faces from such people; Anjali's mother had done justice for her creation and Anjali too had " Paid (read PAY) RENT = PARENT " to her mom as the Supreme always stresses that its the best way to make our parents proud !!!!!

You had stimulated the cascade of Adrenaline in me Chithu sis !!! :bowdown

Regards with Lots of Love
    RamyaVaradharajan

8. Anandchitra

Paulina love
    COming from you its a big compliment for sure.. I am sure many many girls in our great country has held on to these inspiring words from the great poets of our nation.
    Sometimes one needs to clutch at hope even if in the form of peotry to just survive.. I feel their poems are so much more inspiring as they were written in very difficult times like our freedom fights. Thanks dear:)

9. Anandchitra

Dear Mindi
    You have such noble thoughts.. I do not have any ideas.. maybe you can set aside a little of your earnings to help this girl.. sorry I am not able to help. If I think of any good suggestion will get in touch.. good luck:)

10. Anandchitra

THANKYOU uma..