Where shall take my daughter for her birthday ?

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Singapore' started by chamu02, Oct 6, 2009.

1. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

hai
    Can u pls suggest me where can i take my elder daughter for her 7th birthday . She has clearly said she doesnt want any party instead want to go out . Anyhow planned for family lunch at Copper chimney restnt as she wants to taste something different ! So pls suggest me ,her birthday is on 10 Oct - saturday .
    rgds
    chamu

2. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Take her to places like a theme park, maybe a water sports park... Kids enjoy that.

-Lakshmi

3. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Chamu

My heartiest happy birthday wishes for your Girl and wishing many more happy returns of the day!

The following are my suggestions:

1. Snow city
    2. Escape/wild wild wet
    3. Duck Tour/river cruise
    4. Jacob Balla's Children's Garden (Bukit Timah Core at Botanical Garden.) This saturday they have a guided tours on trail of colours
    5. If she likes Bowling, take her for bowling
    6. Sentosa
    7. Zoo/Bird park...you can arrange with the organisers there for a surprise birthday cake cutting for her. Kids will love it!
    8. Usual Movie/pizza/fun

All the best for happy times and do post it here how you spent the day!
    (Actually Iam cracking my head for my kid's birthday surprise in December:drowning) Any ideas are welcome!!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  4. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Hi Chamu,

Wishing your little girl a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I've got a couple of suggestions:

1) Chinese and Japanese Garden - as the lantern festival is going on the whole place is lit up in the evening. Ideal time to visit the place is around 5.00 pm and walk around to have a look at the temples and other architecture. In the night, around 7.00 you can see the lanterns decorating the whole place.

2) A party at the Twinkle Art - This is different where children are allowed to have hand at pottery, painting and also baking. Its $500 for 10 children and $35 for each child more than 10. Everything is arranged by the centre. The children can be there for 3 hrs. ( Abhi, maybe you can try this too!! )

Hope your child has a memorable birthday!

Bye
    Poornima.

5. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much AbhiSign and PoorniDaya

Should thank you both so much , u both have replied as thou you are in my position. Thank you for suggestions . Great ideas:idea , I was blank left with no good choices , as my hubby is busy in his office work , he has asked me to plan myself and he wil join us accordingly.

Can u tell me more abt Duck Tour/river cruise , Snow city , Twinkle Art . We were planning to take her for a boat trip at Clarkequay as she was asking me how a boat can sail and float in water ? She in much interested to see snow too . But is it advisable to take my 2nd kid of age 2 also there ?

Poornidaya , can u tell me more abt Twinkle Art - where is it, can i take my daughter alone there ? Bc we have not invited any other children .
    So pls let me know more abt these as early as possible so as to plan better.
    Thank you everyone.
    rgds
    chamu

6. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Chamu

Duck tours ...is a duck like bus going around the landmarks of singapore and then floats in the sea and kids really will love it. DUCK & HiPPO Group

Snow city is near the science centre and they provide the clothes and shoes there and will be fum for the whole family. But for 2 year old....you must have somebody outside to take care of her.

Pls google for more details. All the best!

7. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Hi Chamu,

Twinkle Art at Spectra, Bukit Timah is where my child goes for Pottery and Painting Class. Its basically a place for kids to explore with their creative skills!!! Chk this site..Twinkle Art @ Pioneer for more details. I am not too sure about taking your child alone. But my daughter always enjoys her sat class there.

:thumbsup On your planning and may the B'day Girl be HAPPY and MERRY always!!

Cheers
    Poornima.

8. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

hai friends
    Thank you for timely response. Googled for those sites and got some rough idea. But as i read 4 out of 6 reviews abt snow city,which is not so encouraging , we have now opted for duck tour . Twinkle art is realy good and we are planning it on next day or the other saturday .We have one another japanese clay modelling and miniature of pastries and cakes and clay flowers near Dhobhighat mrt - at liang court .It is also very creative and my kid did a man with cherries in his head. She love it and went crazy.

Calendar

If any one is interested in japanese clay modelling ,Try this calender site .

They also offer birthday party theme .

rgds
    chamu

9. sujakumar

sujakumar Senior IL'ite

Thank u viji and other friends. we got so much of new info regarding activities for children.

10. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

Hai friends,

:bowdownThanks for giving good enough info. at right time :thumbsup. We really enjoyed our day at Ducktour and my kids were enjoying fully :2thumbsup:. It was a good day out. Once again thank u .But oops, i was troubled by running & blocked nose :spin with fever and sneezing :thumbsdown,so we came back after lunch .we have planned take kids to Twinkle art next Saturday.

Rgds
    Chamu :thankyou2: