1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where Does The Soul Reside?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Dec 10, 2023.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Finest Post Winner

Where does the soul reside?

Well, we have been told, we all have a soul. We have also been told it resides within us. Within us? But where?
    We have our sense organs-eyes to see, ears to listen, nose to smell, tongue to taste, and hand to touch. All in turn, and in unionism inform the mind to assess, and give orders to act.
    We can say, that the action recommended by the mind, is the total of our practical life. But we also know, at times, why at times, most of the time, we unwittingly accept what the mind says and there is someone, somewhere that nags us. This is for the sake of convenience or in the absence of any better word is named as soul. What is in a name anyway?
    The moot question is where does it reside? Upon close observation, I have concluded that it resides in our eyes. When happy, they twinkle, when unhappy, they close and tears drop, when in awe, they open wide, when in shame, they try to hide, when zealous, they turn red, when in love, they turn dreamy. Every emotion is within the reach of the eyes. They perform for other sense organs too.

None of our other sense organs can do that.

E&OE

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Hari Sir,

In my opinion, Soul resides everywhere. When I have a holy thought, it radiates from the mind and when I love someone deeply, it radiates from the heart. When I try to provide service to the needy, it radiates from my hands. When I rush to help someone on the street, it radiates from my legs. When I take responsibilities on behalf of the family and society, it radiates from my shoulders. When I apologize to someone with sincerity, it radiates from my chest and when I am blissful and peaceful it radiates from everywhere.

HariLakhera likes this.
  3. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Finest Post Winner

Good. I, however, feel there is a direct confrontation between mind and soul. Every time you try to provide service to the needy, the mind says why? Every time you try to help someone on the street, the mind says why indulge in others' affairs? Sometimes the mind wins, sometimes the soul.
    That said, it is still the question of where it resides. Here is one sent by a friend in another group.