1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

where do you want to settle in India or here

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by honeyj, Feb 12, 2008.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

We too decided to go for good for your obvious reason in couple of years.

2. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Its Too early for me to Answer or post feedback to this thread, Coz i have just now moved to US(5 mths back). But defn my answer would be INDIA.... no place other than that.

I absolutely love my country and its culture... Moreover i can say ... i have realised my love for my country more after landing here in US.

cheers
    vaidehi

3. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi IL,

At this time, me and my DH have not planned to go back to India, since our children have got used this way of life.

We are also happy to be here though we have gone through a roller-coaster ride in terms of my DH's consulting project throughout the years.

Though it may sound practical, me and my DH have not missed India that much other than our parents!

Especially, moving from coast to coast (many times!) has been a life changing experience for us.

As of now, no plans to go back....but definitely want to go back and settle down after my kids graduate from college and are on their own.

Cheers
    Krithika ( Jithiks)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  4. alpers

alpers Bronze IL'ite

I would definately settle in india as it is our mother land.

5. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

My hubby keeps travelling in and out of India atleat 6-7 times in an year....which has made us to decide to relocate to USA this year.

My life is fully stress up with lots of work, relatives politics,kids education,hubby's crazy late working hours(no time for familyDrowning)

I dont find anything very interesting or soo fascinating about India except for parents.Due to globalisation i feel India is fast catching with western culture and i find kids/teens here in India going wayward than US.

If someone is thre to take care of our dear parents here then i wud like to settle in any place where my family will be together. Any place on earth, if you r with family u can make the best of it.

Well, thats my opinion.

2 people like this.
  6. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

After going through all of ur posts, I am caught in a fix as usual! The urge to go back 'home' and settle is so much there! But with a pre-teen, studying here and luving it more here, than India, I guess right now no ways of leaving! Once he is done with edu. and settled, I would luv to move to India. But then the confusion rises again! What are we going to?
    Been visiting India once every 2 yrs., and there is so much of family politics etc going on, u wonder whether its worth going back? Its a sad story, but life and people in India have changed so much. SOmehow, I feel the warmth in people lacking. I do not see our enthusiasm of meeting them, in the same degree in them!

Luv home, but at times I feel I am a stranger there, and an outsider here!!! In no man's land with a heavy heart!!!Drowning

7. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Hi ANK,

As posted earlier even im in a confused state regarding this decision.

However, my logic goes like this:

Our kids should strongly feel belonged to one place. The confusion which v r going thru they shud not go thru... We are caught up b/w 2 generations our parents and our kids. SOme relatives are also accusing us of not looking after parents and running after money blah blah...... but v honestly know its not the case.

How can v keep others happy unless v ourselves r not??

We are making 100 % arrangements for our parents and it took us looooong before v arrived at this decision.

8. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Honestly speaking,I can't think of going back right now. My in laws are controlling and apart from my family in India there is not much reason for me to get back.I shudder thinking of everyday putting up with in laws. Its like I am signing away our lives to in laws for them to run. If it was only my in laws ,i would have given it a thought too.My SIL is a biggest bully and wants to have her way in everybody's life in my husband's family. Now we dont have kids. When in future if we do I cant imagine my kids being in her rein.

9. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Hi Happy woman,

Truly agree with u! I can see how I am caught betw. the luv for my homeland, and being away to keep the oven burning to feed a few mouths! When we talk of homeland, my 12 yr. old is fine, if its a holiday, but talk of settling there, he is a bit reluctant, and that hurts me! But like u mentioned, I guess we shld. not allow them to get caught in betw. and allow them to shape up feeling that they belong to one place, instead to asking them to play musical chairs! Its very difficult, but life has never been easy I suppose!

10. nasrin

nasrin New IL'ite

hi,

i want to go back to india.
    i am missing my parents a lot.
    i want to take care of my mil and my parents.
    hope to go back after one year.
    india is the best.