1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where cheating and lying are justified.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anitap, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

***** Fair warning - Enter only if you have doggy treats in your hands ******

After months of begging, pleading and making a million promises to behave, a nice girl and her not so nice two brothers were finally allowed by their parents to bring home a puppy.

One brother decided to name her Juhi, while the younger self righteous one named her Judy as he could not bear the thought of his little sister being named after a cinema actress.....

what is in a name moving on....moving on.

The usually well behaved children exhibited abrupt changes in behavior...

Within a short time, this criminal trio had a rather long rap sheet.. A few examples below.

Stealing:
    1. Stealing eggs, chicken fry pieces, milk, cake, goodies etc from the fridge to feed J.

2. Giving J a final rinse with mom's scented shampoo... dont those doggy shampoos smell yucky.

3. And of course it has to be paired with mom's yardley powder.

Lying
    1.Absolutely denying having any inkling of how food keeps disappearing when mom and dad are at work.

2.Yes mommy we ate the dates and yes this time my anaemia will be gone. Nope we did not share with J.

3.No mom we have no idea why the pillows are on the floor and she defintely did not nap on the bed this afternoon.

Removing evidence from crime scene
    1.During teething, one of daddy's chappals had to be trashed in an urgent fashion or the criminal who chewed it would be exposed. We cannot always keep blaming rats...Daddy is beginning to suspect.

But the amateurs could not prove that the chappals were stolen by that unidentifyable strange looking guy who loitered near the gate when mom and dad were not home....because of a minor planning mistake.... the right chappal should have been trashed along with the other one. Will a thief steal just the left chappal. One criminology lesson learnt that day.... of course the hard way.:thumbsup

2.In anger for being left alone, J chewed a huge dent into one of the single seater sofa's wooden legs. So the budding geniuses melted a candle and filled the dent followed by a coat of brown varnish. This happenned a few times and no one found out untill one day mom found herself on the floor.

Laughing hard and :rotfl helped only for a few seconds....moral of the story...not a good time to call mom 'gooondooose' (fat) endearingly when she is struggling to get up..... It does not matter even if she is in denial...and political correctness was unheard of those days....

Some crimes were ignored.

Warnings were issued for some.

And then there were those 'time outs' .. No no no not those 'stand in the corner' gracious kind. .... we grew up during the tough old days....more of those 'kneel in the middle of the living room' kind.

Damn that maid for not showing up and mopping the floor especially today :rant.

Had to beg daddy to allow us to kneel in the bedroom. Once in the bedroom, inch by inch, one gravitates towards the bed....first the elbow, then the head....finally the whole body is resting on the bed and only the knees are touching the floor...

What an idea sirji???But ears have to be trained to be alert for foot steps.

The crimes we did to cover the tracks of that 'lovable scoundrel'..... and the lectures we endured ......we would rather kneel down extra 2 minutes.......But we did it all for love we had for J our baby sis.

After writing about V aunty's potluck, I felt a little guilt in my heart that may be I gave a bad image to old ladies who invited others for potluck.

Most of us love visu movies mainly because of his balanced look at society. If there is one bad mil in his movie, there will be one who is a very good one.

So I can assure everyone that V aunty is more of an exception than the norm. So here is an incident with another aunty.

My aunty friend and her husband both sexagenarians own a lovely house on the slopes of one of the hills in the posh los gatos area. She had invited a few of us for a lovely potluck dinner.

Dh and I were to pick up a fiesty friend, a single gal, on the way. I love this gal S to bits and pieces.

After dinner, S started picking aunty's brains.

She asked aunty about how she goes about making decisions when both the options on hand are not exactly the best ones.

She asked if aunty banks on the experience she has collected over the years or
    does she try to recollect the guidelines that she picked up during years of bible readings.

S's game plan was, if aunty says 'experience', S can give the lack of the same as an excuse.

And If aunty picks the later, S can always....."I swear I did not know that God has commanded such and such a thing.....I was too busy to read" :mrgreen:

Here was how we got da bulb....

Without a thought came aunty's reply, "I choose the option that will be the most loving option and decide to go ahead with it.
    So even if it turns out to be a wrong decision for me, I can still sleep at night because I was loving"

Naughty S just wouldnt give up and asked..."do you mean the option that is most loving / beneficial to me or should it be the option where i am most loving towards other?"

With a firm smile, came the reply "Others" .....

"Not fair" declared S the sulky and stomped out of the dinning room and came back from the kitchen with a second helping of cake still muttering "Now that doesnt give me any loop holes does it.....not fair not fair......." :rant

Do you see why I love S so much. She reads aloud the things that are running in my mind just like a newscaster reads his teleprompter. :kiss

So coming back to those canine lovers, since their crimes were all committed purely because of love, isnt it right to say that sometimes cheating and lying can be justified?? ;-) (only dog lovers are permitted to answer this Q).

BTW, that nice girl and her not so nice two brothers are definitely not me and my two brothers....all resemblances are purely coincidental. :mrgreen:

And just minutes after I got married, my mom cornered my husband and told him never to budge and get me a pet no matter what stunt I try to pull. What a hypocrit....he wouldnt obey his own mom but decides to obey mine....she is my mother....mine mine...

Juhi.....miss clean wouldnt walk on the floor for sometime after a shower.....perched up high to sight those road side romeos.....

View attachment 175477

P.s. under no circumstances are cheating and lying justified. Older and wiser auntiji gave some wonderful piece of advice and I am better off trying to follow her advice. :)

This is just for fun.

24 people like this.

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Absolutely Hilarious writeup and you say the connection is coincidental! I can make out its YOU all the way!
    OMG you have really been very very naughty.. now what are the chances of getting the bounty from Santa after all this confession!
    I enjoyed every line.. the best being hubby dear listening earnestly to your MOM!
    WOW for this dear Anita :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  3. Anandchitra

Is there a limit to number of times one can read someone's writing which is so endearing? Ofcourse not. So I had a second serving :bowdown
    Words cannot really describe how tasty and sumptous a treat your writing is.
    I like the way you brought in Visu and then the potluck aunt only to top it off like a cherry on the melting choclate cake is her explanations. :)
    I agree with you being a dog lover that what you did is right by me.
    So saying I feel Santa is going to give you an extra special bounty to make christmas so much more merrier. :hiya

2 people like this.
  4. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Very nice write up Anita, I enjoyed every bit of it....On a side note I first thought it was going to be a funny take on the whole incident of people ganging up against other people, whose opinion does not match theirs... (if you know what i mean ;) Made for a good laugh...

1 person likes this.
  5. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dear AC for the double dhamaka.... What an honor to receive two fbs from you.... yes AC that was me.

Thank you for your blessing that Santa would give special bounty.... Hope he is not hard of hearing because of the big beard and heard your words.....Santa did you hear that?

And thanks for the verdict that we did the right thing :thumbsup.

6. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

:eek o ya Arch..... Now that you mention, the title does look like that :biglaugh.....Now that is a real coincidence.

I know exactly what you mean.....;-)....... Phew....... Btw, thanks buddy for doing what you did. :thumbsup
    You did what many would hesitate to do.

2 people like this.
  7. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Knock knock!..I did enter with some doggy treats, beleive me. A warm hug, a peck on the cheek, a double strong morning cuppa with some cookies, not biscuits you see :hide:for the beautiful pup (?) who wrote this wonderful snippet. Now don't stare at me, I did obey what autyji told, its purely out love and just love.:)

-Neetu-

2 people like this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

So the seeds of naughtiness were sowed and bred through childhood...wow is all i can say. i am not a hater, but i cannot have a pet or pet one, for it could trigger a wheeze.

my kids used to guzzle up biscuits by the packs in a day, and i used to wonder what is happening and the mystery unraveled one day when i saw them feeding the neighbour's dog, on the sly..:rotfl

3 people like this.
  9. Anandchitra

Shan
    I really really really wish I had your brains to write these lines... Bow

1 person likes this.
  10. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Neetu,
    Love is the password for the door to open..... You came with just the right ingredients.....:)

2 people like this.