1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where can I get gold weighed in Chennai?

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by susealex, Feb 18, 2010.

1. susealex

susealex New IL'ite

I have a pendant that was gifted to me and which I have never used. My mother would like to give it as a gift to someone and wants to give me the requisite gold in return which I can use to make some other ornament later on.
    Where can I get the gold pendant weighed in Chennai? My mother says the big shops will not be interested in doing this as we are not going to buy anything from them in return plus we are not regular customers at any particular jewellery shop to ask them. Is there any shop you know of that will do this for us in Chennai?

2. Padmathai

Padmathai New IL'ite

You can do that in GRT on North Usman Road, just below the flyover of Panagal Park. I think even Thanga Maligai on South Usman Road does it, there is no problem, they will give an estimate whether you are buying anything from them or not.

Padma

3. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

hi you can get it done in LKS also...
    they do it even if you do not buy anything there..

4. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Susealex,

The new Titan Jewellery on North Usman Road apart from weighing checks also the Karats of the gold in a machine. No rubbing and no fear of loosing gold.

The gold is kept in a glass enclosure in front of you and with in minutes you will get the result.