Where can I buy gold tikka like this?

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Hyderabad' started by satin, Sep 23, 2009.

1. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

I am planning to buy a gold tikka similar like this for me.See picture.Most of the tikkas I saw in chennai were so thin and small and not at all like this so am planning to buy here.please suggest me some nice reliable shops,price is not a problem.

thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009

2. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

u can go to MBS Jewellery,Basheerbagh, Hyderabad
    or if u culd order same design in some big show rooms who can do it for u

3. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Hi satin,

If you prefer the same Tikka design,most of the stores will take order and do the same.Else there are many stores offering trendy designs in the areas like Panjagutta ,Basheerbagh,Abids.Go around window shopping once,will sure find many interesting designs:thumbsup

4. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

thanks...

any feedback about managatrai jewellery?are they reliable and will they carry such designs?

5. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Mangatrai is one of the oldest jewelry stores in Hyderabad,am not sure about the exact design but they have many models from ethnic to contemporary patterns,they are famous for the pearls too.

They have a branch at Lumbini Mall,Banjara hills
    Main show room- at Basheerbagh

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  6. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

thanks ,will definately go to this shop.

7. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear Lathaa,
    iam not sure about the gold in Mangatrai shop,but last year for Diwali,i bought a pearl set there,within 2 months,it turned black. when i came back from the hussain sagar lake,it was very shocking for me:) in that pearl set white stones changed in to black colour:hide: so i called up the store fellows,they said i have to polish it in my expenses as they can't do anything for that stones,the pearl set is very expensive,so iam very upset with this brand store product. :rant:rant
    Does anyone having the same experience??

8. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Hi Viji,

Sorry to hear about the pearls set.My DH had gifted me a string of pearls with a small pendant(big pearl and ruby stones) some 8yrs ago from mangatrai and I use it pretty much regularly and have not found any problem.

I assume it might not be the reason,just in case had the water fell on the pearls??? as you know the hussain sagar water is so polluted and pearls change its colour with sweating,perfume and even with salt water.

What ever might be the reason,the store fellow could have take the problem seriously,will remember and will be careful from now on.Thanks for notifying it for us,it sure helps.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009