1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where are those tasty titbits gone

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka Raghavan, Sep 3, 2007.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I vividly remember my school days.We used to wait for the bell to strike 12.30 pm.The joy of running out as free birds was great.Lunch was followed by an array of nick nacks.We used to have couple of shops near our catering exclusively to us.They used to sell juicy kamarkats,chikkis,roasted salted and chilly groundnuts,orange and lemon sweets.Yo there were other sweet vendors selling cut mangoes smeared with chilli powder,goose berries with a dash of salt..........We used to run for those coloured icecreams as well.Milk stick icecream was our favourite as well.Oh I forget out yummy illathaipazham ......We used to look forward to that jingle bells of the sonpapadi wallah selling at 15 ps a packet.Those were the days............

2. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Hi KanakaRaghavan garu,

I really agree with you .Only those were days.

Now a days kids won't have such memories as most of them will have cadies and cookies at their bags always.

Krish

3. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi

Great rememberance..... Those are (G)olden periods....

With the advent of Chips/Choclates all these are gone.....

I have not seen those kamarkats for long time since.... If anybody knows if it still exits pls let me know....

Veda

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi kanaka,

That was a wistful flashback..but one thing how many of us really would allow our kids to buy all those.. and at the same the schools have learnt that there is a business here..so they have thier own canteens with all the fast and junk food..:icon_frown:

5. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Mmmmmmm Kanaka,

May be you and I grew up together... All familair memories of my childhood... Aaaaaah! the good old days when having 4 annas in your pencil box was like being as rich as the Sultan of Brunei!
    Yummmmm ... those gooseberries...and there were some cousins of theirs called 'Lallolikkais'...salted, of course... you can sail a paperboat in my drool....
    Thank you for the lovely memories...
    Regards.

6. MadhuRao

MadhuRao Silver IL'ite

really........true...where are those days...look at these days kids they are so consious abt wat they eat ....n think starving is dieting....:coffee

7. MadhuRao

MadhuRao Silver IL'ite

when do u become a goldenilte???