When your pet dog becomes a Senior Citizen!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Paulina, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Hi Paulina

Joshua is from the Blue cross.. guess he must be a reallllly mixed breed.. he has a wonderful coat... all silky and shining .,.... has an appearance of a dasch... has so many "worry lines" on his forehead .. gets teased by everybody !!!

When I went to the Blue cross at Guindy to pick up a dog.. the lady there said they did not have any male pups... i wasnt too happy bringing a bitch home... after looking around she said .. here is one... and there was this scrawny looking fellow ( weighing all of 1900 gms )trying to climb out of the box.. i was on the floor looking at some other pups when i felt a tug at my saree pallu... not only did he tug at my saree pallu but my heart strings too .. I made a donation to the Blue cross and headed back home with him tightly held .. I hadnt even carried a bed sheet to wrap him in... all i found in the car was a small paper bag !!! In he went and promptly went to sleep !! its been three years and three months now and he is the darling in my entire large family !!!!!!

Bhooma

2. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Paulina mam,
    Thank you for the good information. I am getting to know more about pets through your posts.
    I read in a forum that when they are small pups/young, we need to train them with hand signals along with the commands. That would help them to understand us even when they become deaf.

Thank you!

regards,

3. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Mals,
    Thanks for introducing Snoopy and Tango to us. It's always fun to play with puppies. I feel sad when the so energetic puppies becomes so dull when they become old. Though it's all in nature, I cannot bear it.