When you start to feel.......Poll for 14th Jan 2007 to 20th Jan 2007

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Jan 13, 2007.

When you start to feel sick, how soon do you visit a doctor?

1. I go immediately

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. Wait for a few days

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  3. First I try to self-medicate

21 vote(s)
    55.3%
  4. I never visit the Doctor

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Health is the most important aspect of our life. Especially the lady of the house have to be fit and well. So how seriously do you take up your health issues. This week's poll question is related to your health issue and ladies give your opinions and views in this thread.

2. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Hi I've enjoyed reading & participating in your surveys... but I think this one is slightly different in the sense that we have to act in a particular way 'coz of the circumstance/place we are in. Especially in the US we cannot get a quick doc's appointment, so my guess is in ILites from US in general, will not choose visit doc immediately. Just because its next to impossible, unless its life threatening then may be go to the ER. :)
    L.

3. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Self-Medication

Hi,

When I start to feel sick, all I feel like doing is take some tablets that are at home and goto sleep..I hate going to doctor..that's the last thing I want to do...

Only if my illness prevails for longer time and the pain is unbearable, going to doctor becomes my last resort..!

Self-Medication would be my option.

Love,
    Preethi

4. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Health is wealth

Dear Laxmi,
    Thank you for bringing this topic now.
    When I was working, I never got time to consult a doctor immediately. Pain is a blessing. It gives a signal that something is wrong. There are some diseases in which you won't feel any pain.They will attack you silently. If we find anything doubtful or worrysome, it is always better to get a complete check up done.It is my request to all the ladies here.If you are above thirty five, plz, get a complete check up done. I was saved from breast cancer because it was diagonised very early.Because of the advanced medicines, proper counselling and awareness, almost all diseases are curable. Your sweet home always needs your love ,attention and care .Nobody can take your place.You are unique for your husband and children..So Stay healthy and live longer....See a doctor as soon possible whenever you doubt something wrong.Don't postpone.:)
    Happy pongal!
    Love
    Meena

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

I also take some medicine myself first. It is so very boring to go and wait at the dr's for 2 or more hours. So first try the home remedies, then some medicine and if persists, then go to dr. Sometimes it is difficult, with the situation at home. It is a pity that the woman's health gets the last priority mostly, due to chores pressure.
    And Meenakrishnan, you have given a very sound advice based on your experience. I hope all the ladies take note of it, including me. And hats off to you for coming out successful from the disease. I hope you are better now.

6. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

:)

with a doctor husband and hospital as house i have 24*7 medication :(( maybe thts y i dont fall sick much

7. bipasu_1950

bipasu_1950 Junior IL'ite

Weekly poll

Healthy mind points towards healthy body,
    All human beings aspire for a healthy body and free from worries about illness and subsequent consequences.But nobody thinks about the health of our minds.If you have attained that your body will resist every ailment.Also try to live in a clean and healthy atmosphere as far as possible.In my opinion it is better to avoid self medication and consult a doctor if you feel any unusual health hazard early.

With regards,
    visalam.r

8. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

As Preethi said, I hate going to doctor. I take some medicines first or do some home remedies.
    Good question Laxmi..