1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When You Are With Me

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Mar 7, 2017.

1. DharaShah

DharaShah New IL'ite

Anshara met Ansh and found a reliable, mature, understanding friend in him. This was exactly what she needed.

2. DharaShah

DharaShah New IL'ite

They shared jokes, laughed, loved each other's company, spent time together until Anshara's impulsive emotions lead to termination of this beautiful bond. She waved him adieu leaving his heart in a rue. Yet, little did she know destiny had played it ace of spades.

Part two coming soon.

3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Dhara Shah,
    Welcome to IL. Request you to create a new thread for your story

4. blackbeauty84

Chapter 57

‘What are you hinting at?’ asked the confused chairman.

‘Why don’t I come to conference room and explain once for all? Jai suggested.

‘Shall we go?’ chairman asked eagerly.

‘No. I’m joining my family for lunch. See you in an hour.’ Jai said and walked in the direction of restaurant.

Priya had just joined the boys.

‘Vivaan..You can’t have three scoops of ice cream. It’s unhealthy. ‘ Jai exclaimed as soon as he saw Vivaan in restaurant.

‘No I’m eating fruits also along with it.’he said

‘Chill dad. This is his second serving of three scoops.’ Sriram said. ‘Priya, your bakery’s pineapple tarts are hundred times better than this.’ He added.

‘Is it? I’ll get you a box when we make it next’ she said happily. ‘Is something bothering You Srikanth?’ she asked looking at him.

‘I think he is worried about Dad getting back to Evolution.’ Sriram whispered.

Jai ,who was drinking his soup lifted an eyebrow. ‘Are you worried that I might chuck you out?’

‘You were not planning to? he asked.

‘No..Srikanth , you will have to understand as a parent one always worry about their child. I do constantly worry about whether you are taking a right decision which in this case I don’t think it is. But having said that you are adamant about this decision of joining Evolution, I’m not going to stop it.’

‘Thanks dad.. I’ll prove it soon it’s not a wrong decision’ Srikanth said with delight.

‘How about you dad? Are you joining back for sure?’ Sriram asked his father

‘I’m going to demand something, if that happens I will join back.’ Jai looked at his family and explained it.

‘Wow..That would clear out everything right?’ Priya commented and Jai nodded in agreement.

Post lunch boys went to their cottage while Jai and Priya were slowly walking towards conference room.

‘We will have to part here.’ Priya said trying to remove her hands from Jai’s grip.

‘Right. I’ll be back soon.’Jai said and went inside the room.

Conversation ceased when Jai entered the conference room. Chairman helped him to settle in a chair next to him.

‘Thanks for joining us , Jai. As I said already this small group will be representing all our board members and majority of investors. Our agenda is clear, we want you back in Evolution as chairman and that’s why all of us have assembled here.’ Venkat said.

‘That’s right, Jai. But you should be taking your family for international vacations than places like this. ‘ Guru commented.

‘Well , I’ll listen to you if it’s any of your business. I gather you are here to talk about your business.’ Jai retorted.

When Guru’s face went grim it was Venkat who brought the meeting to order. ‘Easy folks., let’s talk business again. Our board meeting is round the corner and we have to get things in order soon .’

‘Jai, it’s no secret that Hyderabad based company is pursuing you. I have my contacts there. We know the package they are offering. We are ready to match that.’ One another investor declared.

‘Ufff..It’s true they want me on board, they expressed this when I went to re-negotiate a deal. Some members of their management team visited me when I was in hospital. I wasn’t ready to talk to them while being employed at Evolution. I don’t know what they were ready to offer. So that’s not what I have in mind.’ Jai explained.

‘Alright Jai. You were said you wanted the truth. Tell us what you want. News I have been hearing from market is not good. We need to close this fast.’ Venkat said worriedly.

‘Well, I have been contemplating over the things happened in the span of last few months. Most of it was because of personal enmity between me and Mithun, ‘ Jai took a deep breath and chairman interrupted him.

‘Jai, we are past those situations. Why talk about it now?’ Venkat questioned.

‘Does the board know we were on the verge of paying a huge penalty to client? Does the board know that there was a sexual harassment complaint on me and you started an investigation on this?’ Jai raised his voice.

He scanned the room and then continued ‘If I’m coming back, I will have to come back as clean slate. I want whatever happened to be discussed and documented. ’

‘No way. Do you want to air your personal problems to board Jai?Do you realize meeting minutes are public documents?’ Venkat shot back.

‘What’s going on here? Venkat, anything that we should be aware of?’ Guru asked.

Venkat managed to keep those things under wraps looked like someone who was caught.

‘I have done nothing to be ashamed. I don’t want past to disturb the future or company be affected because of my personal problems. ‘ Jai stood up slowly. ‘Do let me know if you all agree on discussing it in board meeting.’ Jai looked at chairman and walked out of the conference room.

5. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Jai wants to be transparent is pretty much clear, but why Venkat is so anxious

6. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Perfect! What next BB ma'am :confundio1: very interesting....conversations wer very clear and apt. Very precise Mr jai :beer-toast1::clap2: little humor of sriram was cute :banana:very curious to knw if jai will be back to evolution:sunglasses: why is jai stopping srikanth?? Will srikantha prove his dad is wrong?? Look forward for next epi. Keep rocking. Thank you!

7. blackbeauty84

Let's see about it in next chapter..Might be it has something to do with company image

creativemumma likes this.
  8. blackbeauty84

Thanks Adharv. Next chapter will answer all your queries.

9. blackbeauty84

Final Chapter

Venkat briefed the others in the room, regarding the incidents Jai mentioned and explained his stand of why this mustn’t be taken in board meeting.

‘Okay Venkat. Let’s not reveal. Who else is your choice now if not Jai.’ Guru asked.

‘None I’m afraid. You can’t settle for something less, when something perfect is in your reach.’ Venkat revealed honestly.

‘Jai has high opinions on Vidyuth and ORK it seems..’ one of the investor tld.

‘No. He will agree that they both are not ready yet. One other choice is to find someone outside the company. It took you all so long to agree for Jai. ’ Venkat highlighted his point.

‘Look even if we agree, it may not go well with senior management right?’ Guru asked.’

‘That’s true.’ Venkat nodded his head.

‘We are back to square one now.’ Guru exclaimed.

‘Venkat, if you are worried about Kishore, he is our relative too. I’m surprised Jai didn’t press criminal charges on him. This appears to be a reasonable expectation to wipe his slate clean. I’m for it.’ One of the investor said.

Soon almost everyone nodded their approval. Venkat closed his eyes trying to come to a conclusion

Srikanth and Sriram went out to meet their grandfather, who was settled in a retirement community close by. Some how after Mithun’s death, they got along with Aarthi as well and checked on her frequently. Vivaan tagged along as well.

Jai and Priya were sitting in beach.

‘One of those days I wish you have come earlier in life. ..’ Jai looked at Priya. ‘You know things will change moment I say yes to Evolution. Days will become busier than it was before.’ He said taking her hands into his.

‘This is how your profile is going to be whether you are in Evolution or not.I don’t see you slowing down in the near future.’ Priya remarked.

‘Can we take a vacation somewhere?Just the two of us?’ Jai asked hoping for a yes.

‘No way.’ Came a voice from behind.

It was Guru and Venkat standing.

‘We are thinking of releasing a press statement today, saying we are in discussion with you. Board meeting is in another ten days and I want you to take charge on the very next day of meeting. I’m expecting aggressive quarter results and it’s not time for vacation.’ Venkat said as Jai looked on.

‘And my condition..?’ Jai looked at Venkat.

‘Agreed Unanimously. We will include it in the meeting agenda.’ Guru said. ‘Congratulations Jai. You are the first one outside the family to occupy this post.’ He gave Jai a warm hug. ‘Can you come back to conference room Jai, few minor items to be discussed.’ Guru said and left to conference room, Venkat was about to follow him.

‘Just a minute.’ Jai requested.

Jai went close to Venkat and asked ,’ You were behind this right?’

Venkat remained silent for few minutes and the said ‘Yes…I wanted them to agree to it whole heartedly , so I played along as if I was not for it.’ He confessed. ‘Had it not the family investors, you would have occupied this position years before.’

‘That was world class acting. I really thought you are worried about Kishore.’ Jai chuckled.

‘I heard from Sushma , he went abroad to settle with his son. He owes some money to that politician as well and I guess he went there to escape from all that…‘Venkat gave a dry smile.

Mention about the politician reminded Priya regarding Shruthi. Priya had been in touch with Shruthi and know that Shruthi is getting engaged soon. She didn’t have heart to update Srikanth about it.

‘Congrats on your big news as well, Priya.’ Venkat said. Her bakery is in expansion mode and they are opening two new branches next month.

Venkat gave Jai’s hand a squeeze and together they went to conference room.

Epilogue

10 days later:

Jai was taking charge the next day as chairman of the company and Venkat was throwing a party at his house for the same.

‘You look breath taking.’ Jai said as he came near his wife.

‘I have dreamt of this moment so many years before. But your hand in mine makes it more special.’ He pulled to kiss her.

His phone announced a call ‘ Look at the timing’ Jai mumbled. His face turned into a smile when he knew call was from Srikanth who went back as his college reopened.

‘All set dad?’ he asked. ‘You are front page news in all the business papers today. One of them published a detailed bio of you even mentioning your smoking habit.’ He said.

‘Yeah..I will try to leave that habit soon.’ Jai said when Priya and Srikanth laughed.

‘It’s time for us to start. Will call you back tonight.’ Jai said. When Jai and Priya stepped out of room, they found Sriram was dressed up for the party.

‘Can’t wait to meet Meera?’ Priya teased.

Sriram who was doing a project in Chennai, became very engrossed with it and often spent several nights in it, much to Meera’s dismay.

‘Vivaan ?’ Sriram asked.

‘He is in practice. I have arranged for his pick up. He will join us later.’ Priya replied. Vivaan has a state level swimming competition next week and was practicing heavily for the same.

‘Look at this dad.’ Sriram showed the photos Jai’s brother just shared in a whatsapp group. Jai stayed with his brother for a week to help him with the medical camp.

Jai smiled as his car left the house. His house looked spectacular even at the distance.

‘Every thing looks beautiful, when you are with me.’ Jai whispered to her.

‘Even teenager’s don’t use that dialogue any more.’ She whispered back.

‘I mean it.’ Jai insisted.

‘When should we be in temple tomorrow , Priya? Sriram asked from driver seat.

Priya has arranged for a special pooja in temple tomorrow. Join me in wishing Mr. Jaishankar a succesful stint as chairman and wish his family everlasting happiness.

10. blackbeauty84

Many many thanks for patiently reading this story. I know I have been dragging this more than a here dealing with writer's block, exam preparation, health issues etc. Love your support, feedback which is shaping up my writing.
    Till I'm back with another story..Bye folks. Thanks once again and have a pleasant day.

Rampuri9 likes this.