1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When Will I Find “closure” ?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by anika987, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Reena26

Reena26 Bronze IL'ite

Anika - I feel for you and your situation as I have been through the exact same thing. The taunts, the jealousy, the competition for my sons love and affection, being made to feel worthless. All of it. And I agree with what other people have to say. I also have a habit of ruminating and dwelling on the past. Everybody needs validation and to feel a part of something. So find a new group as others mentioned. Who value you. Whatever that is for you. Friends, neighbors, at work. Any kind of social group that makes you happy. That’s how I keep myself busy to avoid negative thoughts. And as for in-laws. We are so conditioned to respect our elders that we fear to talk back to them. But remember. Elder has nothing to do with your years on earth. It is your wisdom and maturity. Respect has to be earned through good actions. It is not automatically given. No matter your age. For me - reading scriptures such as the Bhagvhad Gita helps a lot. And Krishna told Arjun to fight for what is right. Not to think about reputation.