1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When was the last your hubby did something to surprise you?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by JayaJ, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

He's collecting points in my Amazon visa cc :rotfl
    and he doesnt want to miss the chance of adding points to my card.

or perhaps he went along with my browser cookies / saved passwords.. LOL

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  2. coolphani

coolphani Bronze IL'ite

July 4th weekend....DH is not a big roller-coaster fan...while I go ga-ga even at the sight of one....

I planned the weekend out saying we should head to NH..driving all the 10.5 hrs to get there to see the White mountains and drive back.Instead DH surprised me by planning out a 5-day theme-park hopping trip to Orlando. This was the first surprise I ever had from him after our Honey-moon cruise.This was not our first time @Orlando but this time he checked us into a Disney resort and I loved the hotel we stayed at.I felt like a queen. I enjoyed the new Rip Ride Rock'it coaster at Universal. We had a blast and the weather was perfect. At the end of the trip on our flight back home he surprised me with a kiss and a hug in public(you see DH is crowd-shy) and a beautiful 3.5 carat eternity band.
    Not sure what he really meant but he said that's for a wonderful time he had with me...Worst part: had to get back to work the next day :rant

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  3. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Nice, this is a different type of post from you coolphani.
    Good one :thumbsup

4. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

You mean a guy actually stayed quiet while a woman was driving:rotflThats a first!!:thumbsup

The "other" guy in my life (my son) surprised me the other day by doing my grocery shopping for the week. Surprisingly surprised... he picked up everything on the list. Unlike his father used to do, come home with half the things and say "I don't think that store carries everything" as he didn't want to spend time looking through aisles.

Peace!
    OOPALL.

5. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Today there was another surprise..

I was venting out to DH on Google chat during ofice time about my PM :rant

And after lunch around 3pm DH calls me and asks me to come out for a short coffee break. Although our offices are 12miles apart we met in a Starbucks mid-way and had a peaceful coffee break and then came back to work.
    Sho shweet of him to suggest this.. :thumbsup

friends,
    you can also try this with your DH / DW (if your offices are not too far).

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  6. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Everyone has sweet responses! Yes, letting me drive without him doing the backseat driving is on my list too - only surprise, he was too pre-occupied with work to notice my driving!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  7. coolphani

coolphani Bronze IL'ite

Thanks.

Spidey,

The scene looked as if from a movie.Not sure what made my DH do this (He promised he was not drunk when I asked him about it later:bonk)

My heart skipped a beat when he french-kissed me in public- in front of everyone at the airport.Then my heart almost stopped when in front of everyone he almost got down on his knee and handed out the diamond band. He then said that was a small gift just to thank me for the wonderful time he had with me. I was blushing all the while. He ended it with a tight hug.There were desis too at our gate at the airport. People from my state- Andhra and I was embarassed.But am happy.

I hope he continues to be half as romantic. I don't need suprises/gifts/vacations etc.All I need is a little love and responsibility from him. He needs to go a long long way and we need to stop arguing and giving each other silent treatments once in a while.He needs to stop threatening to leave me too.

1 person likes this.
  8. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Coolphani,

Thats a amazing thing to know, you too try to do something for him, that way the gap can be bridged little by little. :)

9. ng2010

ng2010 New IL'ite

It happened this Sunday night, We were watching late night movie upstairs in bedroom, DH left to attend a phone call but surprised me by making popcorn (obviously he has read instructions on MW popcorn) and bringing it in a nice pink container.... I was so emotional that he went to the kitchen and made popcorn and filled it in the pink (my favorite )color container :wow:wow

Note :
    1. ( DH doesn't know even ABC in cooking and nowadays i am teaching him short recipes )
    2. Aftermath - Had to clean the microwave since the butter had splashed on the sides - buts its okay :coffee

10. coolphani

coolphani Bronze IL'ite

Tridev,

Thanks for the suggestion. Am thinking on the same lines too.Moreover his Bday is coming up next month and our Anniversary too. I am trying to buy a gift for him. One which he'll put to good use Am also planning a surprise party , not sure if it will materialize.If it doesn't then we'll head out to a fancy restaurant for dinner and some quiet time together
    DH hates cakes so I am not going to even spend too much money on it.
    Well, I have lot of homework to do before I hit the stores.
    Maybe Spidey and You can suggest some latest gadgets.He has the iPad so am thinking hard on what to buy :bonk

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010