1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When Things Are Bit Strange…

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Feb 2, 2017.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

That was our third meeting and we were going to beach. He had already told me that he liked me wherein I was in the process of getting to know him better. This was second marriage for both of us so I treated things very carefully. During the drive to beach he asked me

‘ What can go wrong at this stage?’

I replied as though I descended from the family of Sherlock holmes ‘ Our family people are enquiring about you. So in case we get a negative feedback….’

He asked me ‘ Do you want to speak to my ex’s family? Shall I share the number?’

I did find it strange as so far the guys I met never even shared much of their ex details, but this guy was ready to share their contact details. Might be is it because she is no more….?

Fast forward we got married and living happily every after :)

Sometime post marriage we were talking about our respective pasts. Oh…We never shunned from talking about the past as that was the reason we got married now.

He told me one day ‘ I know you thought it’s strange that I wanted to share my ex’s family contact number…’

I told him yes that was strange. He told me that one day when we visit Bangalore he will take me to their house. I didn’t comment anything that time.

Coupled with Job, new married life, pregnancy, child birth we never got time to visit Bangalore though my brother was living there. One day we received couple of wedding invitations I asked him whom it was and he replied it was wedding invitation of his ex wife’s siblings. They were still in touch with him and he was in touch with them.

Around that time I had completely understood my husband and marveled at the whole thing. I’m not going into details here of their divorce but he and his ex had an amicable split. She expired years later from divorce due to Cancer. He used to say that we had some differences and split up. It doesn’t mean I hate her. I respect her decision. During the married life I got closer with her families which still continue. His ex’s family too loved and respected my husband a lot

My brother invited us to Bangalore for his house warming function. So we cleared our schedule to visit the function. At that time we visited his ex’s family after informing them.

I was not sure of how the behavior will be when they see me in person. How can someone welcome a woman who took place of their daughter though she is not alive? Won’t I remind them of painful memories they badly wanted to forget? I went ahead because my husband was sure they will be happy to see me and our son.

It was like a family reunion when we visited them except the one who brought them together is no more. They were overjoyed to see my husband settled (married) and having a kid. They showered us and our son with various gifts. His ex wife’s siblings introduced themselves as uncle to my kid. It was strange, weird but yes it was true. I couldn’t see a flicker of jealousy or hatred in their eyes. They asked us to come often as they would like to see our son growing up.

I’m happy to witness the love, respect of the family towards my husband and vice versa. This post is to just to iterate the fact that such families do exist.

sindmani, peddadas, adisum and 30 others like this.

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

great to know about your husband and his ex-wife family. All credit goes your H, because he is the one kept that bond with their family and to make you and your son to be part of it. More than the name of the relationship, bond between people matters.

sindmani likes this.
  3. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

Yes. Such people and families to exist my love. It is all about rising above, letting go and finding the goodness in life's twists and surprises. You are blessed!

sindmani and KashmirFlower like this.
  4. BeingSoulful

BeingSoulful Silver IL'ite

Beautiful write up! Some instances and experiences of life take away the beliefs about boding & relationships. We need more of these wonderful experiences to restore the lost! Stay Blessed! :)

5. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

You are blessed dear.. Felt happy and nice to read your post :)

6. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Hi @blackbeauty84 is this your true story ? A bit confused because it reads like a short story but at the same time listed under non fiction.

If it is about your marriage - i must say it is an interesting piece.

7. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

The thing you mentioned is indeed strange and you are lucky. It shows the maturity of the people involved. But I was wondering what if the ex wife had not died and not remarried. How would the reactions been then.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  8. blackbeauty84

That's right. These are days where even bond between siblings are really week. Just the bond between people matters..

KashmirFlower likes this.
  9. blackbeauty84

Correct. Many families outshine with love. I'm blessed to be a part of it.

10. blackbeauty84

Thank you dear. Few instances like this make's one to trust in relationships and human values...