when someone use you for their own purpose

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by nummu, Jan 7, 2010.

1. nummu

nummu New IL'ite

What do you feel when you got to know that someone use you for their own purpose. It hurts very hurt and that bitter expierence most of us faced in their life once in a while.
    Please share your expierence and how do we can stop ourselves to being exploit.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010

2. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

There are 2 outcomes of this situation:
    1) Either u get into the category of once bitten twice shy.
    2) Or you yourself learn to use others.

In any case just get over with what the other person did to you... and move on in life.

Even the dead is exploited so u cant stop that but then u have to get smarter to deal with this world.. its abu survival of fittest.

3. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Hi Nummu,
    Its really a bitter experience...
    I remember my Manager who was very soft and very friendly to me. He used to ask me to do some work, and myself, being so dedicated will finish the work by working day and night, i used to even work late night from home to finish the work.
    After so many days, i heard the conversation of my manager and my MD, once when my MD visited our branch office. Manager was explaining him how he struggled to finish the work, late night and MD's appreciation, i was shocked to hear:confused2::evil::shock:, as i was the one who finished those work.. Felt really bad and not felt to help him after....:notthatway:tsk

4. kiranmadhu

kiranmadhu Senior IL'ite

Dear, this kind of experience happens to the softer kind of people like us. It has happened to me many times in office and few times with relatives and in-laws. It had indeed left me feeling bitter about the person who utilised me for their benefit. i was left with never being able to like that person. 'forgive and forget' is a nice to hear quote, but then how many of us can really and truly forgive. the bitterness probably fades with time, but the lesson remains.
    such experiences though bitter, had left me wiser.