1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When elephants also start playing football...............

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Meenupanicker, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi

Your feedback itself is an asset worth enjoyable.Thanks for the feed back.:thankyou2:
    what to say dear, I thought of entering with an elephant .......if something happens as an after effect they will look after the rest :)
    The real thing is only today I had the courage to pen down a snippet.
    There is also one month vacation and treatment known as sukha
    chikitsa .But during other months they are busy attending two or three festivals per day that too between distant places.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  2. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Hi meenu,
    Welcome to snippets and don't worry about what to write or how to write.I was afraid initially but with the encouragement from our ilite friends here ,i have been troubling them with my snippets on and off:biglaugh.
    I love elephants too but don't like them chained or brought to cities.Its better to keep them in their natural habitat and we should enjoy watching them from afar.Good thread .keep writing:thumbsup

3. Meenupanicker

Dear Viji

Thanks for your welcome and encouraging words.:thankyou2:
    Its true our IL friends are really supportive.

Thank you for stopping here and passing your opinion.

4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Meenu

Very delighted to see you here and nice to know that you finally decided to gather all the courage to write something. Just going back to your above statement " EVERYONE HERE ARE MASTERS..." - that includes you too dear! Don't ever think otherwise. Like Vijji rightly said, we are here to share what we like to convey and you have done it beautifully. So keep them coming.

I was trying to imagine the scene where you imagined what would have happened if the elephants also decided to run. Absolute mayhem. If you ask me, any animal is best left in their natural environment. My only experience has been with fish in a fish tank ( I think you know which one I am talking about ). It looks beautiful for sure, but I still feel they are best left in the oceans/rivers where they are meant to be. On a slightly different angle, elephants with their nettipattoms look just so majestic isn't it!

And thank you of course to Kamalji, for inspiring people to write here......It is an absolute delight for people like us.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  5. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Meenupanicker - These huge babies are not left alone even in their natural habitat - the forests. They are killed for their tusks and their teeth. Who are more cruel- the human beings or the animals?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meenu

Welcome to snippets. Enjoyed reading your posts. I have also seen Trichu Puram . Elephant God will bless you always. Waiting for more posts from you.

love
    viji

7. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear Meenu,

A wonderful posting about elephants. I felt as if I was in the poornathrayeesa temple for the utsav with eighteen Elephants. I too love elephants dear. Being from kerala, it is natural that coconuts, elephants, lakes etc are parts of our life. I also felt bad for disturbing the elephants in the name of god. Keep writing and we are here to encourage you.

ganges

8. Meenupanicker

Dear K2s
    Thanks for such an encouraging feedback.
    Your FB worth so much.:thankyou2:
    I know you mean Viru.Though all of them are beautiful entertainers, they are best in natural environment as you said.

Its true these majestic creatures enhance beauty and diginity of the total atmosphere of the festival.Its common among us to ask"How many elephants were there" while talking about afestival.

Thankyou once again

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  9. Meenupanicker

Dear Monifa
    Thank you so much for dropping your FB regarding the subject.
    What you have pointed to is yet another important fact, Monifa
    Even in their natural habitat they are devoid of life.

Who are more cruel- the human beings or the animals?

If some one ask me the question ,I would definitely answer human.For we are only ones who attack other creatures for reasons other than food.I have heard animals lead a disciplined life in all ways.They have some rules within themselves.

10. ashwiniks79

ashwiniks79 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Meenu,
    As TL said, you have started the thread with an auspcious note about an animal like elephant. Right from my child hood i loved elephants because they look really baby like and so innocent.

Because they are considered god they are actually absued in temples, some temples feed them good but i really feel sad about the ones that are outside the temples blessing everybody for money.

If kept in natural habitat they are really happy and actually male elephants tend to get crazy when left alone.